PDA

View Full Version : I think it's been

12-22-2006, 07:06 PM
3 or 4 years since the whole mountain was open. Empire is a great trail but is never open. Upper Cloud was almost not open last year. When it opened the bottom was thinly covered. Any other thoughts?

ajl50
12-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Upper cloud was open in december last year if i remember right. Then it closed for the rest of the year.
When you mean th bottom was thin cover you mean the bottom of upper cloudspin and not lower cloudspin because that was awesome all last year.

AdironRider
12-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Cloud was open for a while last year I thought. Never great coverage but I can think of like ten days it was open that I was there.

cover
12-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Have always wondered this, but why do they not snowmake Upper Cloud like the do say Upper Skyward so as to keep it open for the season? Why do they just let a great run from the Summit remained closed for most of the season?

12-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Have always wondered this, but why do they not snowmake Upper Cloud like the do say Upper Skyward so as to keep it open for the season? Why do they just let a great run from the Summit remained closed for most of the season?
Here's a better question. Why don't they just blow the whole upper mountain. It would have to easier to maintain since the temps are lower. Just have one trail down from L WF. It's the state and you would have to think to make it better.

Tsavolion
12-28-2006, 10:05 AM
3 or 4 years since the whole mountain was open. Empire is a great trail but is never open. Upper Cloud was almost not open last year. When it opened the bottom was thinly covered. Any other thoughts?

upper cloud was open last year and they did blow snow on it. it was awesome the entire season. the year before that it never opened and they did not blow snow on it. they had major troubles with the snowmaking the season before and i am sure that had an impact on why they chose not to blow snow on it.

the entire mountain was open last year by x-mas with the exception of empire. empire is a tough trail to cover and they dont have snowmaking on it. with the natural snow we have had the past three years any trails that do not have snowmaking are not going to be open for long.

Jack the Ripper
01-06-2007, 10:54 AM

Where's my Jack? That's the first thought. The second thought is why am I passed out, pants around my ankles with the dog licking my A$$$$$$$$ at 10:53am? :twisted: