PDA

View Full Version : we need snow

fischerjunkie
12-24-2006, 12:38 PM
we need some snow. so sometime on christmas everyone should burn a ski as a sacrifice to Crom the god of storms for a big dump for the new year.

AdironRider
12-24-2006, 01:59 PM
You want to pray to Ullr.

fischerjunkie
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Ullr works too.

KT22
12-25-2006, 12:58 PM
I’m not comfortable with this burning skis thing. I have a hard enough time watching rail riding let alone the intentional destruction of such treasured objects. For all we know it may be sacrilegious thus angering the snow Gods even more. I suggest that we burn a snowboard instead, after of course, taking great care to detach the snowboarder first – after all we’re not the Aztecs.

NPN
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I’m not comfortable with this burning skis thing. I have a hard enough time watching rail riding let alone the intentional destruction of such treasured objects. For all we know it may be sacrilegious thus angering the snow Gods even more. I suggest that we burn a snowboard instead, after of course, taking great care to detach the snowboarder first – after all we’re not the Aztecs.

Agreed, and well put, but are you all missing the fact that there is a Winter weather advisory up for the next 36 hrs. with an expected yield of 12" to 16" ( and that's by negative KNOW-A standards ).

BTW who's Ullr?

KT22
12-25-2006, 09:36 PM

Agreed, and well put, but are you all missing the fact that there is a Winter weather advisory up for the next 36 hrs. with an expected yield of 12" to 16" ( and that's by negative KNOW-A standards ).

BTW who's Ullr?

I know but I never let a weather report get in the way of a good schtik!

NPN
12-25-2006, 10:33 PM

BTW who's Ullr?

I know but I never let a weather report get in the way of a good schtik!

Way understandable, but how about that Ullr............................

fischerjunkie
12-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Ullr is the scandinavian god of snow

NPN
12-25-2006, 10:48 PM

Thanks, I'm a Scot, so we gotta' go fish when it comes to that No-dic folklore ( unless, of course, it's the occasional Viking messin' with the bloodline. ( Sometimes it's the milkman, sometimes it's a Viking )).

KT22
12-26-2006, 12:37 AM

Now you tell me! For the last month I've been praying to the communications officer on Star Trek. I was about ready to start praying to Beyonce if it would help.