PDA

View Full Version : 12/29

goreviper
12-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Can you say CROWDED!

The skiing was fun today despite the kamikazi NYSEF boneheads and the idiots that just can't figure out that they are going to get killed sitting in the middle of a trail. :roll:

Snow making on Cloud and Headwaters should be getting the upper hand. Looked like guns were at work the entire length od Cloud. I hope that they can be opened soon, like tomorrow, to dissapate the crowds. Sunway and Quicksilver are in good shape now and Sunway is open all the way to 3B. Hopefully the rest of it will open soon.

I skied everything except Wild Air today. Just too many people sliding around. Skiing the edges is the way to go, there's good stuff to be found there.

JC7727
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
hopefully it will get even better when i go back up on jan 2nd.

Harvey44
01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Don't count on Jan 2 being good.

We skied Gore all week - 12/26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

I have to say that in the past I haven't always understood how they chose to allocate resources (snowmaking). But I have to say that this past week, they really did it right.

They blew on everything that was open every night. They blew all day long on the days when it was cold enough. The opened up something new everyday. (Althought hawkeye's opening was a bit of a frustration.) The night it went down to 10 degrees at our cabin (28th?) they made HUGE progress for the next day.

If you got there for first tracks - especially on the 29th - it was great. At the base it was cloudy and up top you were actually above the clouds.

Not much terrain was open - but what was, was really good. It was so cool to come up the access road on 12/29 and see the cloud of snowmaking hovering, with the roar of guns blastin.

Granted - my standards are lowered. But if you can rip off turns tight enough to keep yourself within 10 feet of the edge of the groomers - the whole week was good at Gore - all day long.

Mark