PDA

View Full Version : can it be true?

jimmer
12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
i just saw on gores web that hawkeye was going to open tomorrow [sat]. i was there thursday,not agun on that trail. was anyone there today to fill us in. this is great news if true. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jimmer
12-29-2006, 04:57 PM
i just saw on gores web that hawkeye was going to open tomorrow [sat]. i was there thursday,not agun on that trail. was anyone there today to fill us in. this is great news if true. :D :D :D :D :D :D :Doh by the way west mt is open ican see the lights from my back door.

goreviper
12-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey Jimmer, Believe it when you see it. like I said in my post today, the guns were really pumping up top for a change. Hawkeye will be a rush if it opens, ungroomed, big whales from the guns. I'd better calm myself, don't want to get too dissapointed if it doesn't happen. The thing is, I didn't see any guns on Hawkeye today. :?

MidnightCarving
12-29-2006, 06:35 PM
im with you viper, i was there bright and early this morning, even did a run down pine knot to check out what guns i could see up top, they had a few throughout headwaters.. but nothing on hawkeye... hopefully they pump it out big time tonight....

Harvey44
01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Saturday the "mountain host" greeted me at 7:45. "Don't forget to hit hawkeye. It will be sweet."

So I blew off the triple, and waited in the gondi line. It stopped 7 times on the way up, as smarter people on the triple were ripping up the corduroy below.

I zoomed down Pine Knot. The Liftie tells me they need two hours. So I went down Tannery and asked the liftie there - when will hawkeye be open. he tells me it JUST opened up. I asked if he was SURE - he said yes. So back down Pine Knot - not open arg.

Great communications guys.

I went back up after multiple sweet runs below. Hawkeye was sweet. Soft mushy bumps and lots of bear spots, but sweet.