PDA

View Full Version : Conditions

highpeaksdrifter
01-11-2006, 10:49 AM
How's the mountain holding up with this warm spill? I'm heading there Sat. and am wondering what to expect.

mattchuck2
01-11-2006, 07:28 PM
My girlfriend is going up Friday. I'll let you know Friday afternoon

Hugh
01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
just got in from the hill an hour ago. It was pretty soupy up there. The hill was skiing much better on Tuesday and Wednesday.

that having been said I will give you the following:

LIES: By far the best run on the upper mountain. Skiers left features large well rounded bumps with good lines and snow cover

Rumour: Bi-pass down only. First run is worth scouting things a bit. Some "interesting" snow making features including some whale backs featuring verticle drops on the down hill side with VERY FLAT landings. My knees hurt but hey I'm old!

Hawkeye and Chatiemac: Pretty good cruisers right now. Especially upper Chateimac and skiers left on Hawkeye as you aproch the 90 degree left turn to the transverse.

Topridge: skiers right is good, skiers left is atrocious unless you dig ski tuning.

Uncas: Skis better than Topridge right now. Watch for a big bare spot skiers right on the run out to tannery.

mattchuck2
01-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the update. . . Girlfriend bailed. I'll be up tomorrow with rock skis on.

Hugh
01-15-2006, 12:29 PM
boy it was a skating rink out there today. Yuch!!!!

Thank Goodness I 'm headed west Wednesday morning.

mattchuck2
01-15-2006, 08:39 PM
yeah man . . . today was totally brutal. Freezing cold weather. I didn't even attempt the triple, but I assume it was instant frostbite. Foxlair and Fairview were vertical Ice rinks. Also, there were so many people there (and so many terrible skiers), I feared for my life the entire day. I finally had to call it quits around 2 and go watch some football. Hopefully it'll be better next weekend.

Hugh
01-16-2006, 10:20 AM
you did better than me. I took 5 runs and went home