PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

jimmer
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
just wondering what every one is doing to get by cause of this not so good year, i was so bored i went out and bought a new truck thinking that might help.it did for awhile. but when i woke up and it was friggen 61 this morning i quickly went back to my depressed mood, im finding it really hard to get excited about anything. ive had some good days in the hill so far,bit it just seems to get worse as days go by. cant even go ice fishing , the lakes have not even started to freeze.all i can say is i hope it gets better quick,i dont know what else to do.

Harvey44
01-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Jimmer,

I'm cryin too. Drivin my wife nuts. Like you I skied six days in a row over xmas/ny and I did feel a bit better but now...it just aint right. Everybody here is like "oooh isn't this weather wonderful." I try not to punch them in the nose.

Buyin a truck - that's pretty drastic.

M

goreviper
01-06-2007, 07:15 PM
We nust be nuts. Most people are all happy with the weather. My girlfriend looked at me wednesday night and said " Are you depressed?" bet your a$$ I'm depressed, it's this f'n sh**y weather, I said. She didn't come to the Crick with me this weekend...go figure. :(

mikebike
01-06-2007, 07:30 PM
at least you did not buy a plane ticket to fly into weather I have here in FL to ski where there is lil to no snow.

I arrive a week from WED and will be skiing there the 18 /19/and 20th

or I will be wading in your slush....

hey maybe I should just plan on taking my dad's boat for a ride :roll:

goreviper
01-06-2007, 07:33 PM
The boat ride might be a better idea. I felt like I was waterskiing today with rain hitting me like the spray from a wake.

adksara
01-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm walking and walking and hiking and hiking... I like the woods being open and seeing views hiking that I normally can't - of course I also like SKIING through the woods and seeing views I normally can't - but since that's not happening right now I'm surviving on what I can. :(

My husband has been previewing weather pattern forecasts and forums for 'weather people' and he's insisting that it will get better... not soon enough is my reply.

Keeping fingers crossed for snow - my skis are getting cranky from all the underuse...

And I too want to deck the people who are all happy that it's warm with no snow... IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SNOWING AND COLD!!! IT'S NORTHERN NY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! ok that's better - a little venting :wink:

Keep the cheer - and keep the snow hopes alive.

ADKSara

NPN
01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
just wondering what every one is doing to get by cause of this not so good year, i was so bored i went out and bought a new truck thinking that might help.it did for awhile. but when i woke up and it was friggen 61 this morning i quickly went back to my depressed mood, im finding it really hard to get excited about anything. ive had some good days in the hill so far,bit it just seems to get worse as days go by. cant even go ice fishing , the lakes have not even started to freeze.all i can say is i hope it gets better quick,i dont know what else to do.

I went to Gore today, and had a blast skiing the sh*t out of every piece of latest greatest Nordica, Head, and Goode had to offer in tasty bluebird conditions!

I know it's depressing so far, but there's still a lot of fun to be had if you just get out there, and turn 'em on what's available.

BTW Atomic, and Rossignol was there as well, but who cares.

jimmer
01-08-2007, 01:22 AM
you should have tried the atomics & rossies you missed out on some good rides that rossi radical multix is one sweet ski,but very $$$$$$$$$$, glade you had a good time though, needle on

alexcaraco
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Everybody here is like "oooh isn't this weather wonderful." I try not to punch them in the nose.

oh my god i know the feeling.