PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ Skiers and Riders Cash in with Whiteface and Gore

Greg
01-12-2007, 08:43 AM
http://news.alpinezone.com/12737/

Adk Keith
01-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Too bad they don't do something for thier own season pass holders, like half price passes for next year for those that have passes this year.

goreviper
01-12-2007, 11:41 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: Great ,just what we want at Gore, more idiots from Jersey skiing cheap when I paid a regular price for a Season Pass. :evil: :evil: :evil:

alexcaraco
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
not to sound 14, but thats really gay.

Jack the Ripper
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
not to sound 14, but thats really gay.

Agreed. We don't need any more jersey drunk around upstate. They should have at least made it VT and NY. Hippes I can tolerate. :lol: :twisted: :shock:

Dr Skimeister
01-12-2007, 07:03 PM
some of us hippies ARE in NJ.....

Lbtchnlgs
01-12-2007, 08:00 PM
they should give discounts on passes after a certain amount of years ie. have benchmarks at 5 years

Jack the Ripper
01-17-2007, 09:05 PM
some of us hippies ARE in NJ.....

Go back the VT long hair! :shock: :lol: :twisted:

Lbtchnlgs
01-18-2007, 09:52 AM
I tried getting one of these yesterday. No one knew anything about this deal at the mountain. I had to show them the website, I came back to the guest service window and they had everything taken care of. Everyone should go get one of these, it will allow you to take a friend for a great cost

adksara
01-22-2007, 10:03 AM
I need to get my reading ability and interpretation adjusted...

Well I got all excited thinking the article stating "any New York or New Jersey resort" included Gore or Whiteface - I was hoping I could present my Gore season pass and have an Empire Card issued, using the discount for a friend who is trying to get back into skiing after ACL surgery - nope - not to be.

I called the # to ask and after saying NO WAY and then letting me know that the release wording can be interpreted many different ways, the customer rep said that would be sneaky to have a season pass to Gore then request the Empire Card then using the Empire Card for our friend. What would it matter - he'd still be skiing and paying over $50 for a ticket each time he skied... and I've already plunked down the $ for my pass.

Oh well.

Lbtchnlgs
01-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Well I got all excited thinking the article stating "any New York or New Jersey resort" included Gore or Whiteface - I was hoping I could present my Gore season pass and have an Empire Card issued, using the discount for a friend who is trying to get back into skiing after ACL surgery - nope - not to be.

I called the # to ask and after saying NO WAY and then letting me know that the release wording can be interpreted many different ways, the customer rep said that would be sneaky to have a season pass to Gore then request the Empire Card then using the Empire Card for our friend. What would it matter - he'd still be skiing and paying over $50 for a ticket each time he skied... and I've already plunked down the $ for my pass.

Oh well.

I sort of tried doing the same thing. i have a pass to both gore/whiteface and greek peak. during the discussion i accidently slipped and said i had a pass to gore as well as greek and the lady would not let me get the new card.

Now if they do this next year i know not to spill my own beans

Wa
01-22-2007, 02:01 PM

Oh well.

I sort of tried doing the same thing. i have a pass to both gore/whiteface and greek peak. during the discussion i accidently slipped and said i had a pass to gore as well as greek and the lady would not let me get the new card.

Now if they do this next year i know not to spill my own beans

Go back and find a different lady

Lbtchnlgs
01-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Wa- No use now, I am back at school. maybe if im home on one of these weekends ill try it again