PDA

View Full Version : I think that

01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
the conditions were good today but I'm not sure. At least they felt OK. The fog was so thick that the viz was 20 to 50 ft all day. You had to feel your way down the mountain. The snow was soft. Nothing new open but the website showed blazers bluff open but not. If we don't get snow and very cold weather it will get wiped out by Sunday. Lots of thin spots, rocks on UNW and Essex. Pray for cold snowy weather. If it flash freezes you better have sharp edges, will be a plate of ice. Should be an interesting weekend.

freeheelwilly
01-12-2007, 04:03 PM
What?

Tsavolion
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
the conditions were good today but I'm not sure. At least they felt OK. The fog was so thick that the viz was 20 to 50 ft all day. You had to feel your way down the mountain. The snow was soft. Nothing new open but the website showed blazers bluff open but not. If we don't get snow and very cold weather it will get wiped out by Sunday. Lots of thin spots, rocks on UNW and Essex. Pray for cold snowy weather. If it flash freezes you better have sharp edges, will be a plate of ice. Should be an interesting weekend.

:shock: i think your brain is a plate of ice. Whats your deal? whiteface has received mucho snow, has made snow, they are calling for 10-12 inches on monday with temps below freezing. the trails will not be a plate of ice, i have never in all my years skiing there seen a "plate of ice." thats what groomers are for, and snowmaking. Listen, i am real happy you got to ski today, but i really think you need to keep your unscientific opinions to yourself. Big whitey will be in great shape. Why dont you go play kissy face with TJF in the misc forum?

Tsavolion
01-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I think you should work this weekend, so you miss the plate of ice.

POTENTIAL FOR MAJOR WINTER WEATHER EVENT SUNDAY NIGHT INTO
TUESDAY MORNING...

A LOW PRESSURE AREA WILL DEVELOP OVER THE OHIO VALLEY SUNDAY NIGHT...AND
THEN MOVE NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND COAST THROUGH MONDAY
NIGHT. A COLD HIGH PRESSURE AREA WILL BE CENTERED OVER QUEBEC SUNDAY
AND ON MONDAY...WHICH WILL HELP TO BRING COLDER AIR INTO THE REGION.
THIS...COMBINED WITH ATLANTIC MOISTURE BROUGHT ASHORE BY THE APPROACHING
SURFACE LOW...WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL
TO NORTHERN NEW YORK ON MONDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP
ACROSS THE REGION AFTER MIDNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT...AND THEN CONTINUE THROUGH
MONDAY NIGHT...BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO SNOW SHOWERS ON TUESDAY MORNING.

joyparkway
01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
That was harsh! Kissy face with TJF, huh? Now that I'd like to see.
Let's be a little honest- there have been days where you could classify WF as a "plate of ice." We've all done the try our hardest to set an edge because there isnt much in the way of snow to make turns on- BUT let's be optimistic people! We live, work and play here- we mind as well think positively. And if mother nature doesnt help us out, there is always the bar.
THINK SNOW

Jack the Ripper
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM

Plate of ice???????????????????? I think you're pissed about not getting the enforcers and are trying to bring everyone down. :shock: booooooooooooooooo 8) :shock: :twisted:

Jack the Ripper
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM

:shock: i think your brain is a plate of ice. Whats your deal? whiteface has received mucho snow, has made snow, they are calling for 10-12 inches on monday with temps below freezing. the trails will not be a plate of ice, i have never in all my years skiing there seen a "plate of ice." thats what groomers are for, and snowmaking. Listen, i am real happy you got to ski today, but i really think you need to keep your unscientific opinions to yourself. Big whitey will be in great shape. Why dont you go play kissy face with TJF in the misc forum?

:shock: :lol: :twisted:

Snow Whisperer
01-15-2007, 05:27 PM

Obviously it’s stupid people like you. Everything WW said happened. If you work for ORDA maybe they should send you to Adirondack school so you can learn how to predict conditions at WF.

highpeaksdrifter
01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Obviously it’s stupid people like you. Everything WW said happened. If you work for ORDA maybe they should send you to Adirondack school so you can learn how to predict conditions at WF.

Let's play nice kids. WFW did hit the nail on the head 4sure Sat., it was tuff out there.

I'm thinkin with the new snow and 24-7 snow making this weekend will be the best this season so far. :D

tjf67
01-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I think you should work this weekend, so you miss the plate of ice.

POTENTIAL FOR MAJOR WINTER WEATHER EVENT SUNDAY NIGHT INTO
TUESDAY MORNING...

A LOW PRESSURE AREA WILL DEVELOP OVER THE OHIO VALLEY SUNDAY NIGHT...AND
THEN MOVE NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND COAST THROUGH MONDAY
NIGHT. A COLD HIGH PRESSURE AREA WILL BE CENTERED OVER QUEBEC SUNDAY
AND ON MONDAY...WHICH WILL HELP TO BRING COLDER AIR INTO THE REGION.
THIS...COMBINED WITH ATLANTIC MOISTURE BROUGHT ASHORE BY THE APPROACHING
SURFACE LOW...WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL
TO NORTHERN NEW YORK ON MONDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP
ACROSS THE REGION AFTER MIDNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT...AND THEN CONTINUE THROUGH
MONDAY NIGHT...BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO SNOW SHOWERS ON TUESDAY MORNING.

You don't bat an eye when you lie. Thats scary
Hey how bout that six inches and it was really comming down at 10:30. jeepers really??

Busted with the rain, conditions were good up until 1:00. The winter that never came.

Weez
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
A day later........, how did yesterday turn out weatherwise? 6"? 8"? 2"? Freezing rain overnight?

freeheelwilly
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
If we don't get snow and very cold weather it will get wiped out by Sunday.

I guess that's what I didn't understand about WW's post. Other than Friday, temps were cold last week and the snowmaking was more or less continuous so how could the mountain be "wiped out" by Sunday? I skied Sunday and it wasn't bad - considering. You definitely needed sharp edges though (which I didn't have) but the coverage was good. Essex was actually very good. The post also seemed pretty negative given the fact that we have definitely seen a change in the weather pattern and we were 48-72 hours out from the biggest snowstorm of the year.

Of course that storm didn't come in quite as advertised but the skiing was fantastic yesterday (although a little "damp"). It's also nice to finally have some cold weather around. It's gonna be very cold over the next 24-36 hours, up to about 30F on Thursday and then turning colder again. There's something comin' up the coast Friday that looks like it may track too far east to do us any good but then the next best chance is Sunday into Monday.

It's just as easy to be positive as it is to be negative. You can be "realistic" without being a downer and without overstating the bad news. I haven't written off this winter yet - not by a long shot.

Jack the Ripper
01-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Obviously it’s stupid people like you. Everything WW said happened. If you work for ORDA maybe they should send you to Adirondack school so you can learn how to predict conditions at WF.[/quote]

:shock: oh snap.