PDA

View Full Version : 1/16/07 good cruzing

luv2cruz
01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
The groomers did a good job on the lower mt last night after all the rain. Sunway cruising was perfect, wild air was a little scratchy and quicksilver was also very good to cruise. Snowmakers were out on showcase all day, I couldn't see twister to give an accurate report. Just so-so grooming on top ridge. The straight brook didn't up till late, never got up there. Will go back back tomorrow for more. luv2cruz 8)

Harvey44
01-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks man keep it comin. I'll be up on Friday for some turns so I appreciate the info.

NPN
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks for that, and please keep it coming.

NPN
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Damn Harv, like minds!

Harvey44
01-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Yea, two guys, starved for skiing. For me it's a haul up to our place in North River and I'm draggin my wife and daughter...I want to believe it's worth it. I'm thinking that if Luv2 had a decent day today, it will probably get a little better tomorrow and Thursday. A little fresh would be nice.

What do you think?

M

NPN
01-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Yea, two guys, starved for skiing. For me it's a haul up to our place in North River and I'm draggin my wife and daughter...I want to believe it's worth it. I'm thinking that if Luv2 had a decent day today, it will probably get a little better tomorrow and Thursday. A little fresh would be nice.

What do you think?

M

Harv, screw the fresh, it's stupid cold, even by normal Winter standards, and the guns are going to be screamin' to salvage what's left of this absurd season.

Simple reality is that snowmaking in the East these days is, four times out of five, better than the fresh we get on a regular basis ( don't even get me started on MLK Whiteface dump ( or lack there of )).

Be of good faith, venture Nord, and enjoy the goodness.

mattchuck2
01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Simple reality is that snowmaking in the East these days is, four times out of five, better than the fresh we get on a regular basis ( don't even get me started on MLK Whiteface dump ( or lack there of ))

yep

Harvey44
01-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow those Sugarloaf pics were awesome.

Fresh... Okay how about loose? You're right of course. Not to turn this into a different thread but, while Gore is MOST improved with snowmaking and grooming, I still have this feeling that they won't make the most of this chance. I' hoping that Showcase and more summit will come on line this week.

I love the snowmaking....I would much rather ski on a trail where they are blasting it, and I keep earplugs in my buttbag just in case. And who knows...maybe Friday will produce something. The cold is going to be in place.

Yes...I'm venturing north regardless....will still be scanning for any TRs that get posted.

Let's rip.