PDA

View Full Version : Question about ski lessons (and more) at Whiteface...

tobnpr
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Looks like winter has finally arrived :D Having canceled our plans for the first week of January (which in hindsight looks to have been the rigth decision) we've re-scheduled for a long President's Day weekend. Coming in on the 15th (Thurs) and leaving the 21st (Wed.). Trying to loosely plan our stay and hope to ski three of the five days we'll be there. Since I spent most of my time either out of control or on my azz (fortunately my family learned much quicker than I) I want to go when the mountain will be less crowded. Would I be correct in assuming that our first day (Friday) and last two days (Monday and Tues) would be the best bet and avoid the weekend altogether?

Snowmobiling- where's the best place to go?

Last year we looked for a place to go tubing and couldn't find one. Is there one anywhere in the area?

Thanks for the advice. Hope winter is there to stay 8)

Phineas
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Friday, Monday, Tuesday - word up on that home slice! I love skiing Tuesdays!! No crowds - best snow! buy wait I think U are talking the Feb holiday week.... Still the week days will be less crowded

Tubing - mayB Mt Pisgih in the Village of Saranac Lake or I think Titus has tubing but that is in Malone. There will be tabagon runs in LP onto Mirror Lake.

Snowmoblie - no idea... Fight terror - go cross country skiing!!

Tsavolion
01-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Snowmoblie - no idea... Fight terror - go cross country skiing!![/quote]

:lol: take a nice walk in the woods instead. if everyone did that, maybe you wouldnt have had to cancel your january trip!

tubing at titus--but there is enough to do right here in LP if you dont want to drive. tobaggon run on mirror lake is fun...hills all over the place--especially golf course for tubes...bobsled, luge rocket rides, oval skating..you picked a busy week, but thats alright, whiteface never seems as busy as other resorts. saturday for sure would be the busiest.

highpeaksdrifter
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Snowmobiling- where's the best place to go?

Here's a link that I hope helps. Have fun. :D

http://www.lakeplacidsnowmobileclub.com/