PDA

View Full Version : Heading to GORE...

mikebike
01-17-2007, 05:38 AM
I am flying into Albany today (wed 1/17) and will be skiing at Gore Thurs /Fri/ Sat. I am hoping for the best but being realisitc. I have family in the area so it will be a decent trip either way.

I will be in all Black (bibs /jacket/hat) with Volkl AC's that are Orange and white.... if any body wants to make a few turns with a guy from FL 8)

Harvey44
01-17-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm skiing Friday/Sat/Sun. Purple Coat, Black Helmet and Pants. Scarpa boots and Atomic skis. Both of us are on Telegear although my wife is at stem turns and parrallel. I'll keep my eyes open.

Lbtchnlgs
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
You are gonna have a great time. was up there today and the conditions were sweet twister and 3A should be open by friday they could probably open tomorrow

mikebike
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Skied today Thurs 1/18 8:30 till 3:30 great day snow was nice
Sunway Wild Air Quicksilver Headwaters open pit cloud and ruby run were good

Hawkeye very hard and the bottom 3rd of the head wall had very very thin cover -- bottom half was nice but not worth a second run

---------------

will be back tomorrow.... sking in all black with orange Volkl AC2's have a funny looking trapper's looking hat... if you see me say hello 8)

Lbtchnlgs
01-20-2007, 08:47 PM
mikebike- i was up yesterday and thinking of you. I forgot what you would be wearing so i tried to keep an eye out for a guy skiing that looked like he was from florida... no luck. then i was going to start yelling 'mikebike' from lifts but decided i would safe my pride.

hope you had a good weekend

mikebike
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Had a great time.... I ski like have been skiing Gore since the mid 70's .... you did make me chuckle with that post though...

I had a great 3 days ... quicksilver was AWESOME early yesterday with 5-6 inches of fresh on it... that trail holds snow well... glad they did not groom in for Sat.

Back in FL now... will be back on 2/8 2/9 and 2/10 hopefully you will have several big dumps before then....