PDA

View Full Version : Blazer's Bluff

Denison
01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Last weekend I got a chance to see the trail from summit quad. it lookes like small tornado made it's way thru. Trees, huge boulders, even large peace of fence laying there.

I doubt that you can open a trail in that condition.

Tsavolion
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Last weekend I got a chance to see the trail from summit quad. it lookes like small tornado made it's way thru. Trees, huge boulders, even large peace of fence laying there.

i thought the wire fence sticking up seemed hazardous

NPN
01-17-2007, 03:47 PM

I've been told, considering the constant battle with Mother Nature to this point in the season, that cleaning up BB is not exactly a high priority.

Jack the Ripper
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM

I've been told, considering the constant battle with Mother Nature to this point in the season, that cleaning up BB is not exactly a high priority.

Empire will open more than that thing. Although that's one sick hit. :twisted:

Skier 4 Life
01-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know why they made a ton 'o snow at the top of the Bluff (on Lower Sky)? It looks like they made so much that part of the whale fell down onto the trail. Do you know if they actually plan to open it up this season afterall?

ajl50
01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I think you have a better chance of skiing the slides than you do of skiing blazers bluff.

oldskibum
01-31-2007, 08:14 PM
My take on it is that there is no snow making on "the bluff" so they will have to push ALL the snow down in there, it's going to take A LOT of snow to cover all the rocks, etc that's down in there. I would say that there is still a lot of work to do on that trail. Just my opinion.

sleestak
02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know why they made a ton 'o snow at the top of the Bluff (on Lower Sky)? It looks like they made so much that part of the whale fell down onto the trail. Do you know if they actually plan to open it up this season afterall?

it looks as though they were making extra on low sky in order to push it down. I am sure that was the intent.

Phineas
02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
them sleestaks scared the crap out of me!! :shock: