PDA

View Full Version : great conditions today (wed 17)

Lbtchnlgs
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Got to the mountain today at about 9 only to see no lifts running. Apparently they have been having major issues with the detachment units on the gondi- the cabins have been getting backed up in the load and unloading areas.

At about 9:30 the Adirondack was running- got very first tracks this morning and the conditions were SWEET. :lol: The sign said -33*F at Saddle Lodge, i did not doubt this at all. Guns were unloading the some of the best man made i have seen in a VERY long time on twister and 3A. They seemed to have enough snow to open tomorrow, I am sure they will wait until Friday to drop the ropes, Saturday at the latest.

After two runs went into the lodge to check my face because of the cold temps, its a good thing i did because my ears were boarderline frost bite, one more run and i would be peeling skin off of them right now. The cold air seems to find the smallest amounts of skin and gets the best of it. Every trail open on Bear was wonderful they all had great coverage frozen granular with some PP in spots.

Only stayed until about 12:15 so i did not hit Gore which was looking very sweet with everything groomed.

Conditions today were best of the year, I had no encounters ice, just some firm granular that hooked up well, met up with some friends had a great time.

This weekend should be great everybody enjoy! :D

Harvey44
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks MAN!!!!

luv2cruz
01-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow! It was eastern skiing at it's best today!!! It was a bit cold but it was definitely worth the trip up the triple. the Gondola opend at 11:15, the TR3 never got going and the straight brook didn't get until around noon. The report on hawkeye was very firm on the wall and good machined groomed on the lower section. The cruising on the east side trails was great. Everything was machine groomed corduroy. I'll be back to cruz tomorrow 2 8)

bill9009
01-18-2007, 07:34 AM
yeah it has been pretty bad ass these past few days, i am taking a day off from skiing to go snowmobiling today, bt i will be back tommorow and i am hoping they have twister open!!!!