PDA

View Full Version : More Info on the Website Please

Harvey44
01-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Sometimes it makes me cranky. They only thing they'll tell about snowmaking is "Last 48 hrs." And they don't tell you where.

So I've been emailing them like twice a week..."post more info".... and lately it has seemed a little better. Maybe it's helping. Nice pic of the base yesterday, and Hawkeye the other day. And limited info...mentioning Showcase and Twister and promising 6 more trails by Saturday.

What I'd really like is a little snowflake next to anything that had snowmaking in the last 24 hrs. You know like the real mountains do. (Kidding sorta - you know I love Gore.) And more picture - like 3 a day, if conditions are good. I understand that when its raining you are going to show kids having lunch at the base, but when it's like this week - IMPROVING RAPIDLY - give me info!

Anyway if you guys want a more infomative site, maybe you could send email too. I've been doing it through the suggestion box, but you could probably email Emily directly as well.

Harv

slayer
01-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Just curious... where did you see Gore promising 6 more trails by Saturday? I only see them mention Showcase and Twister.

bill9009
01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
its under one of the pics of the day, the one with the snowmaking, it says 6 more trails for saturday on the caption

Lbtchnlgs
01-18-2007, 05:51 PM
im sure they are counting the trail that connects 3b to the 'face' so theres 3 trails

This is such a great pic

http://upload5.postimage.org/275602/snowmaking11707007.jpg (http://upload5.postimage.org/275602/photo_hosting.html)

NPN
01-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I thought that was a shot of a wildfire when I first saw it in its smaller size.

alexcaraco
01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
yea that is a great pic. and they should definitely put up more info. hopefully if a bunch more people drop them a line asking for more details theyll respond.

jimmer
01-19-2007, 07:18 PM
you want more info, great idea, but that means they would have to dig into there crap bag, and feed you more crap,they reported they were blowing on top , but all they came up with is open pit, hardly worth the walk to get to it, i dont know.your best chance for honest info is right here at skiadk, from people that ski the hill not sit behind a desk getting all crappy. speaking of crappy went on the ice yesterday for some fishing didnt do to well though.im sure the hill will be nice for the weekenders . good luck :evil:

Lbtchnlgs
01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
you want more info, great idea, but that means they would have to dig into there crap bag, and feed you more crap,they reported they were blowing on top , but all they came up with is open pit, hardly worth the walk to get to it, i dont know.your best chance for honest info is right here at skiadk, from people that ski the hill not sit behind a desk getting all crappy. speaking of crappy went on the ice yesterday for some fishing didnt do to well though.im sure the hill will be nice for the weekenders . good luck :evil:

checked out your fishing pond. how long is friends lake, ive driven past the road 100 times but never took the time to go check it out