PDA

View Full Version : Upper Cloudspin and Skyward

snowman052
01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Anyone know if upper cloudspin and/or skyward will be opening for this weekend? Are they making snow on it? Coming up for what is going to be an interesting day saturday

Phineas
01-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Parons off the top - UpperSky is probably a Wednesday opening..

rest of mtn is in the best shape of the season!

AdironRider
01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Man after being stuck here in snowless NH I cant wait to get back to the face. Hopefully Sky will be open by Tues when I can get there. Maybe Ill poach.

Skier 4 Life
01-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Anyone know if upper cloudspin will be open this weekend? Has anyone been up this week to see if they makin' snow on it yet?

The cover last weekend didn't look too bad from a distance, but I don't think they can open it without a little more natural or manmade to cover the rough spots. Whats your take on it :?:

oldskibum
01-31-2007, 08:10 PM
No snow making on upper cloud yesterday, in fact the summit quad wasn't open all day!!! Mechanical problems of some sort.

NPN
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
No snow making on upper cloud yesterday, in fact the summit quad wasn't open all day!!! Mechanical problems of some sort.

Anybody heard something more point specific about that, "mechanical problem"?

Phineas
02-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Anybody heard something more point specific about that, "mechanical problem"?

only that it is FIXED!!

From an experienced poacher perspective - upper is just about there.... but only if your experienced.... :twisted:

AdironRider
02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
From when I was there on Tuesday Upper looked like it needed a little more cover once the snowpack had settled from the weekends snow, you can definately make it down, but your risking some serious damage to your skis if you ask me.

freeheelwilly
02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
From when I was there on Tuesday Upper looked like it needed a little more cover once the snowpack had settled from the weekends snow, you can definately make it down, but your risking some serious damage to your skis if you ask me.

:shock:

ajl50
02-01-2007, 01:39 PM

Upper what? Skyward or cloudspin?

AdironRider
02-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Upper Cloud

sleestak
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM

if you ever make it out of your classroom, you would know that skyward is skyward..it isnt upper skyward. upper cloudspin is upper cloudspin. lets get with the program AJ!

freeheelwilly
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM

if you ever make it out of your classroom, you would know that skyward is skyward..it isnt upper skyward. upper cloudspin is upper cloudspin. lets get with the program AJ!

Ummm....actually there's an upper and lower skyward. How is it over there in the Land of the Lost? :lol:

ajl50
02-01-2007, 04:33 PM
"you would know that skyward is skyward..it isnt upper skyward. upper cloudspin is upper cloudspin"
umm - yea you can feel like a moron just about anytime you want. Perhaps I'll just leave the whiteface trail openings to make the distinction clear. Was it not like 10 days ago that UPPER SKYWARD was open but lower skyward below victoria shoot wasn't open.

sleestak
02-01-2007, 04:43 PM

Ummm....actually there's an upper and lower skyward. How is it over there in the Land of the Lost? :lol:

ok--i guess i was mistaken. i dont recall it being called upper skyward. i should know i cant compete with your legal minds. i will go back to flipping burgers.

ajl50
02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
A much better job.
No really where is a good burger to be had in L.P.
They don't make one at the cottage.
Lake Placid Pub and Brewery?

sleestak
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
A much better job.
No really where is a good burger to be had in L.P.
They don't make one at the cottage.
Lake Placid Pub and Brewery?

Lake placid pub, Lisa G's, Station Street, Cowboy

ajl50
02-01-2007, 05:08 PM
cowboy?

sleestak
02-02-2007, 09:21 AM
cowboy?

caribbean cowboy--i wouldnt get a hamburger there, they have way better stuff, but anything goes great with a painkiller.

tjf67
02-02-2007, 10:00 AM
cowboy?

caribbean cowboy--i wouldnt get a hamburger there, they have way better stuff, but anything goes great with a painkiller.

There hamburgers are real good. Just tell them too go light on the cowboy sauce

Phineas
02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Ausable Inn in Keene Valley - the Marcy Burger rocks!!
Carribean Cowboy - need to eat that one after mega exercise due to the size of the burger!
Lisa-Gs - burger of the day!! always changes - always awesome!

Hey arent laywers all filet magion types anyway?? ALJ, U probably dig the Brown Dog on Main Street - Wine bar w/ the best filet in town!!

ajl50
02-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I've been the brown dog and it was good- but pricey.
But really- after skiing I'll take a burger with some good fries over just about anything.
I've heard about the marcy burger ...maybe i'll get that on my way out of town next monday.