PDA

View Full Version : Will Rumor open up this year?????

bill9009
01-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Well I am starting to wonder if Rumor will open up at all this year. Yes the weather is starting to look good but unless we get some major storms I doubt they will be able to open it. What do you guys think?????

Lbtchnlgs
01-18-2007, 08:35 PM
i gotta go with a yes it will open this year. they still start blowing snow on it after they get a foot of natural that sticks around

bill9009
01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
i am not disagreeing with you, but first we have to get a foot of natural this crappy winter, then they have to open up the rest of the mtn!

jimmer
01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
the only way to open it is if they blow snow on it, afoot of natural wouldnt do much for it, so if they get off there butts and get going it could be ready in 3 to 4 days, i myself think they have enough intermediate stuff open, i want something with some pitch. for the amount of time there spending on showcase they could have the hole summit side open, they just cater to the needles.by the way rumor opened on jan.11 last year from goatpath down then closed then reopened top to bottom on jan 26, and it was good, so there is plenty of time to hope.they can do it ,just got to get them motovated. 8)

bill9009
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
the only way to open it is if they blow snow on it, afoot of natural wouldnt do much for it, so if they get off there butts and get going it could be ready in 3 to 4 days, i myself think they have enough intermediate stuff open, i want something with some pitch. for the amount of time there spending on showcase they could have the hole summit side open, they just cater to the needles.by the way rumor opened on jan.11 last year from goatpath down then closed then reopened top to bottom on jan 26, and it was good, so there is plenty of time to hope.they can do it ,just got to get them motovated. 8)

yes they can do it but like you said they will concentrate on everyother area of the mtn first, its definately not a priority, why would they theres only a select few that can even ski the trail, ok there are alot that slide down it,

Lbtchnlgs
01-18-2007, 10:41 PM
the only way to open it is if they blow snow on it, afoot of natural wouldnt do much for it

I did not mean a foot of natural because that would do next to nothing for rumor im saying a foot of natural so they can get the majority of bear mtn open, then haul the guns up top and work on rumor/lies

MidnightCarving
01-19-2007, 05:48 PM
yeah, they'll get it opened, like jimmer said, they just need to decide its time.... i'd like to see it happen in a couple weeks.. but then again, i'd also like to see the summit open... and a couple good snowstorms can't hurt either...

jimmer
01-19-2007, 07:28 PM
the only way to open it is if they blow snow on it, afoot of natural wouldnt do much for it

I did not mean a foot of natural because that would do next to nothing for rumor im saying a foot of natural so they can get the majority of bear mtn open, then haul the guns up top and work on rumor/lieshey bud what up, herd you meet some of the boys on the hill today[fri] you should have taken them up on lunch, they cook up some pretty good stuff, i wasnt there , got called back to work for awhile. im very sad. any way just thought id say hey. 8)

Lbtchnlgs
01-20-2007, 01:17 AM

I did not mean a foot of natural because that would do next to nothing for rumor im saying a foot of natural so they can get the majority of bear mtn open, then haul the guns up top and work on rumor/lieshey bud what up, herd you meet some of the boys on the hill today[fri] you should have taken them up on lunch, they cook up some pretty good stuff, i wasnt there , got called back to work for awhile. im very sad. any way just thought id say hey. 8)

yeah i talked to 'derek' (if i got the name right). i was planning on taking him up on the offer but some family issues came up and i had to rush home. I think what triggered my grandmother's heart attack was finally seeing a white lawn

But anyway yeah i missed the lunch but it was no by choice- ill try to get up there as soon as possible, which wont be very soon seeing as i go back out to Cortland on sunday for school. This spring ill do my best to get up and get to know everybody.

Relay my thanks to the boys

Lbtchnlgs
02-03-2007, 04:43 PM
What's Happening: Over 19 miles of terrain open! Head for our terrain park elements on both Upper & Lower Sleighride. Today is Tele Day - demos, clinics, races and more! Look for snowmakers working hard on Rumor!

jimmer
02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
ill bet everything i own on yes it will.