PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Tsavolion
01-22-2007, 09:54 AM
OMG! what an awesome day on the hill. Parons and upper parkway were da bomb! i actually got the last chair of the day for the first time ever!

SKIdds
01-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Agreed. Parons was excellent, and Parons to Excelsior made for a wonderful thigh burning top to bottom ride. Parkway had nice snow as well, being one of the trails they hadn't groomed. I'd have preferred that they didn't groom out most of the mountain Saturday night. Alas, I know that isn't what's best for most skiers or the mountain........but trails like lower cloud were a lot less fun on Sunday. Great shape, notwistanding the usual icy hardpack underneith, just not the same powder busting fun.

Hey, you guys enjoy Skyward. It's amazing how much snow they were blowing all weekend.

highpeaksdrifter
01-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Parons was the trail pix of that day for sure. I did about a dozen runs on it. I got some pixs from Sunday of it, but I wasn't able to upload them this morning. Once that gets straightened out I'll post them.

Sat. I only hit the summit once, cold, high winds and snow guns blowing made it a real tuff trip. I'm not complaining about the cold, just sayin.

freeheelwilly
01-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Yesterday was very good but saturday was my best so far. Wilderness and and Lower mac were unofficially "open" in the AM and I got 5 runs in there before daddy took the T-bird away. (actually didn't make it over to mac - bummer). Wilderness from 2300 Road to 1900 Road was sketchy but from 1900 Road down it was the best I've had all year. Skier's right on Mountain Run it was piled deep and soft. 10-15 turns down that then bang a left over to 1900 Road into Wilderness and down. OMFG!

T-Lion dropped her hammer yesterday and none of the boys could stay in her draft. 8)

Phineas
01-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I was being a bit overly concerned last night and gave her the UR moving at a fast rate of speed so never let your guard down speech... :roll:

followed her down Upper Valley during the "longest run" and her tails were over the edge on every right turn!! she was groovin 4sure!! :o :shock:

tjf67
01-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Skier's right on Mountain Run it was piled deep and soft. 10-15 turns down that then bang a left over to 1900 Road into Wilderness and down. OMFG!

You are correct on that one. I got through the lower 1900 twice with no other tracks other than my own. Skiers left was untouched for a few minutes anyways.
Got first digs on both right and left side of MR in the early morning. Just a great day.
Thought my boot problem was solved. Ended up being that my feet went numb and I did not feel it till Sunday morning. Back to the drawing board.

freeheelwilly
01-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Thought my boot problem was solved. Ended up being that my feet went numb and I did not feel it till Sunday morning. Back to the drawing board.

Uuuuugggghhh!

Phineas
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Ended up being that my feet went numb and I did not feel it till Sunday morning. Back to the drawing board.

bummer. did U ski yesterday?

I would have Corey cut the liner. gotta get them dialed in man - best is still 2 come!!

Tsavolion
01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Yesterday was very good but saturday was my best so far. Wilderness and and Lower mac were unofficially "open" in the AM and I got 5 runs in there before daddy took the T-bird away. (actually didn't make it over to mac - bummer). Wilderness from 2300 Road to 1900 Road was sketchy but from 1900 Road down it was the best I've had all year. Skier's right on Mountain Run it was piled deep and soft. 10-15 turns down that then bang a left over to 1900 Road into Wilderness and down. OMFG!

T-Lion dropped her hammer yesterday and none of the boys could stay in her draft. 8)

t-lion was just too cold to stand around and point out mountain tops, thats all :wink:

tjf67
01-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Ended up being that my feet went numb and I did not feel it till Sunday morning. Back to the drawing board.

bummer. did U ski yesterday?

I would have Corey cut the liner. gotta get them dialed in man - best is still 2 come!!

Came over thinking it would break in. Took one run and could not take it. Left after that. Sat on the couch and pouted all day.