PDA

View Full Version : More Summit Please

Harvey44
01-24-2007, 09:20 AM
What is UP with snowmaking priorities? I can understand making snow on Foxlair - it's an important route. But COME ON! Sleighride before Chatiemac? Maybe they need Uncas for racing? They open MICA up top - now that was key.

As I said in another thread - I've been emailing em daily. If you also want more summit terrain - send em a note!

M

Edit: They've got Uncas opened now. They HAVE to hit the Summit!

kornfein
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
I've been also wondering why they have not made more snow up top. Usually they get a bunch of those open prior to getting all the lower runs open. As for Mica Park it is open on natural snow. I was there yesterday they had a few inches of fresh snow from the night before, given the small crowds and hidden entrance i got to ski untracked on it all morning. Seemed to be about 6" of snow on top of an unbreakable crust. Should be a good base for the glades if we ever get a decent dump.

mattchuck2
01-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I think their plan is to blast the bottom with enough snow to ski on and then be done with it for the year (relying on natural to cover up the base). After they cover the bottom to their satisfaction, THEN I think they'll head up top, starting with Lies and Chatiemac, then hitting the big boy.

As for the Dark Side and North Side, I can see them ignoring those trails and leaving them natural - concentrating all of their firepower on the moneymakers up top and down below.

As for me, I couldn't really care less about the trails on the bottom . . . I'd just as soon ride the Gondola up in the spring, ski the $hit out of Rumor. Lies and Hawkeye and download the Gondola in the afternoon. Hopefully, though, It won't come to that. There's still plenty of winter left, and I think we'll get a couple of 12+ inch storms in February.

jimmer
01-24-2007, 07:16 PM
this is what i heard, no rumor this year. no summit chair this year. they will blow on lies , maybe.seems to me they think every one is a blue circle or green square skier. to hell with them, if i could get my pass money back i would, so go to whiteface, they have allmost all of the hill open now, with some pretty good skiing. and just think gore wants to expand, they cant take care of what they have now, good friggen luck. more gore, yea right. i am so mad i cant think good of them right now. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Harvey44
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Mattchuck - You're probably right but don't like it.

Jimmer - I don't like that either.

Both of you guys - how did you find this out?

Harvey

jimmer
01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Mattchuck - You're probably right but don't like it.

Jimmer - I don't like that either.

Both of you guys - how did you find this out?

Harveyi know a guy that knows a guy that knew a guy that knew a guy that worked there. no just kidding. my friend had a few words with kurt w about what wasnt be done on the hill and as usual they had all the excuses, but that is what was said, so take it for whatever its worth, hopefully not much. :evil:

NPN
01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
so go to whiteface, they have allmost all of the hill open now, with some pretty good skiing.

That jimmer's a pretty bright guy after all.

JC7727
01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
the natural snow will come.

adkman656
01-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Spoke to a snowmaker last night...Finishing up on TOp Ridge and Uncas today, moving guns to Chatiemac, Lies next then to Darby, Hullabaloo... after that to the North ...Rumor to follow...According to my source they are still planning on Rumor, just have to get as much open as possible first...skiing was great yesterday, once they had Top Ridge open again., was down for a few days... ....its getting better ...and MattChuck is right.. a good couple of dumps and the whole place will be in good shape... Their report today says 15 miles of skiing...considering a week ago Monday it rained and the only thing open was Jamboree chair and the j-bar they've come a long way...i'm not about to crap on the snowmaking this year...without it we could all be home and not ski or board at all...

JC7727
01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
if anyone is on the mountain today a TR would be great, I am contemplating if I should drive up tonight.

Harvey44
01-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Dakman,

I do agree they've done a good job. It just seems to be a bit lopsided with Bear basically all open and the summit hardly at all.

Thanks so much for the update. Music to my ears.

Chance for some natural at the end of next week.

M

jimmer
01-26-2007, 12:53 PM
so go to whiteface, they have allmost all of the hill open now, with some pretty good skiing.

That jimmer's a pretty bright guy after all.thanks, i think ?isure hope they get stuff moving up top, and i hope im the one that was wrong, and they will blow rummor,hate to think i spent $600.00 to ski green squares all year. have a great week end. 8)

adkman656
01-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Jimmer if you ski green squares you should think about what you eat for breakfast...or smoke.....green circles...ok....blue squares..ok....Black Diamonds..better.... green squares...check where you buy your mushrooms! LOL

jimmer
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Jimmer if you ski green squares you should think about what you eat for breakfast...or smoke.....green circles...ok....blue squares..ok....Black Diamonds..better.... green squares...check where you buy your mushrooms! LOLsee what i mean i dont ski them enough to no what they mean, no shrooms hear man that was a long time ago.whatever.

Lbtchnlgs
01-26-2007, 05:54 PM
all this talk about fungus is getting me flustered :lol:

Harvey44
01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
From the website...."snowmakers working hard on Chatiemac..."

4 day weekend time. (Next week.)

Harvey44
01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Chatie is on for Monday.

Lbtchnlgs
01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
everybody have fun tearing it up. ill be at greek peak tomorrow ripping up the 1100 ft vert :lol:

A little off topic, does anyone know how much snow is in the woods?

jimmer
01-28-2007, 08:01 PM
everybody have fun tearing it up. ill be at greek peak tomorrow ripping up the 1100 ft vert :lol:

A little off topic, does anyone know how much snow is in the woods?got into the cave yesterday[sat] had a good base but not much snow ,2 to3 inches at best, still one good storm away.the rest of the hill was ok, nothing great except top ridge, blowing like crazy there, even that wasnt that great today. 8)