PDA

View Full Version : T-rex Capital Acquires The Whiteface Lodge

Greg
01-24-2007, 02:17 PM
http://news.alpinezone.com/13122/

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Quote from the linked-to article:

"The Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa opened in 2005 and has already been lauded by Robb Report as one of only two resorts in North America as 2006 'Best of the Best'; Condé Nast's 2006 'Hot List' as one of the best new hotels in the world; recently awarded the distinguished Four Diamond Award by the American Automobile Association; awarded Leading Hotels of the World status; and recommended by Virtuoso."

Seems like I've been missing something by not at least checking out the Whiteface Lodge. Is it really all that?? Anyone have any first-hand experience?

SKIdds
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Does driving by and then looking up their pricey rates count? My wife wanted me to look it up. Place looks beautiful, but at close to $400 a night I don't think she's gonna have a chance to stay there.

Of course their Valentines Day package seems like a good deal at $200 a night with a bottle of bubbly.

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-25-2007, 12:12 PM
close to $400 a night

Ouch!!

$400 doesn't go as far as it used to.... Their website (http://www.thewhitefacelodge.com/) is painfully slow and states that it's 57 F in Lake Placid! I'd say that's some wishful thinking on a day featuring minus 27 F temps (and thinking that's not very sensitive to all the suffering that Whiteface and northeast skiers have endured so far this winter).

At any rate, if anyone has tried either of the restuarants, I'd be happy to hear about it. Thanks.

Tsavolion
01-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Quote from the linked-to article:

"The Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa opened in 2005 and has already been lauded by Robb Report as one of only two resorts in North America as 2006 'Best of the Best'; Condé Nast's 2006 'Hot List' as one of the best new hotels in the world; recently awarded the distinguished Four Diamond Award by the American Automobile Association; awarded Leading Hotels of the World status; and recommended by Virtuoso."

Seems like I've been missing something by not at least checking out the Whiteface Lodge. Is it really all that?? Anyone have any first-hand experience?

All you have to do is walk in the front door--place is as nice or nicer than lake placid lodge. now, i have never stayed there, but i would imagine its all that.

joyparkway
01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Personally I think its much nicer than the Mirror Lake Inn and doesn't seem as snobby. Prices are about the same, but come on- you out of towners can afford that, right? :wink:

SKIdds
01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
For $400 a night at the Mirror Lake Inn you get a lift ticket and spa services. A room alone goes for about $250 to $300. At least that is what the online info about both places has to say, so i'm not sure they are priced about the same.