PDA

View Full Version : 27 BELOW...!

Skier 4 Life
01-25-2007, 09:28 AM
this AM in LP with an expected high of 2 above today. Anyone else feelin the cold temps today?

BTW, I'm not 'bitchin 'bout the cold, just glad the snow is gonna stick around awhile. 8)

Tsavolion
01-25-2007, 10:03 AM
this AM in LP with an expected high of 2 above today. Anyone else feelin the cold temps today?

BTW, I'm not 'bitchin 'bout the cold, just glad the snow is gonna stick around awhile. 8)

you know its cold out when your nose sticks together. supposed to be colder tomorrow.

Phineas
01-25-2007, 10:05 AM
it aint so bad. was pleasantly suprised on the morning dog walk.. lots of "river smoke" on the east branch this morning - love the sound squeekie snow!!

Rode up w/ SnowTribe on Tuesday and them nuts were jacked for neg temps - "no air just water and we be blasten" was their quote!!

100% open and superdackie conditions by this time next week!! March 07 will surpass March 01 and we be rippin till May!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!

ajl50
01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
and it's going to stay cold for a while...not above mid 20's for the entire next 10-12 days. I know that's what winter should be like up there but after the warm crap we have delt with it's a welcome change.

Skier 4 Life
01-25-2007, 10:34 AM
and it's going to stay cold for a while...not above mid 20's for the entire next 10-12 days. I know that's what winter should be like up there but after the warm crap we have delt with it's a welcome change.

I'm definitely down with that! Let's hope the rest 'o winter rocks :!:

Denison
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
we had 1" of snow in Northern NJ overnight. feels like winter now

tjf67
01-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Its great up hear. We have about 12 inches on the golf course and it keeps dripping more. There is alayer of ice under about ten inches of it. It great watching the dog going down hills. He slides on is front paws and runs with his back. He does pretty good until he breaks through and nose dives

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-25-2007, 11:27 AM
27 below is instant nose hair freezing weather.

I hope they still run the heaters in the gondola cabins! Every time I've skied Whiteface recently it's been too warm to tell if that feature was still functional.

highpeaksdrifter
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
27 below is instant nose hair freezing weather.

I hope they still run the heaters in the gondola cabins! Every time I've skied Whiteface recently it's been too warm to tell if that feature was still functional.

They haven't run them in about 3 years. There was some sort of fire in a gondi at Tremblant with the same type of kerosene heaters. Since then they don't use them at WF. That's the way I heard it anyways.

SKIdds
01-25-2007, 12:28 PM
That's what I heard as well.

AdironRider
01-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Anyone going to brave the temps? Im comtimplating it tomorrow. Might be a gondola to mid, warm up, mid to base, warm up type day, but the snow should be awesome.

Tsavolion
01-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone going to brave the temps? Im comtimplating it tomorrow. Might be a gondola to mid, warm up, mid to base, warm up type day, but the snow should be awesome.

i would if i could. as long as you have good gloves, face mask and stop and go in once and a while your fine. worth it for the conditions. go for it.

ajl50
01-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm braving them at belleayre tomorrow- and while it's a little further sourth and a little less windy what difference does a few degrees make.
Bundle up - the place will be empty.