PDA

View Full Version : dining in North Creek

wondertrev
01-25-2007, 02:23 PM
'Dining' is probably too fancy a word for it, but...

I'm a Whiteface regular who will be there Sat. 2/5. I was wondering:
1) is there a good place for b'fast close to the mountain? Noting fancy, just strong coffee, eggs, hash browns, etc.... We ust fuel before skiing.
2) What about dinner? I prefer casual, hearty, cheap, and kid-friendly. Good selection of draft beer would be awesome, as long as the food is still good.

I recall a German place a couple of years ago across from Mountain and Boardertown that was pretty good, but that's all I know.

Thanks in advance....

Adk Keith
01-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Breakfast would be Marsha's across from Mt. and Boarder Town.

Black Mt. is a good bet for dinner. Take a right when you get to the bottom of the access road to Gore. The Trapper's Tavern in the Copperfield Inn actually has some pretty good food for a decent price. Kid friendly enough for my kids before 7pm. The German place of which you speak may have been the Alpine which is now Masha's. Not sure though.

Enjoy!

adkman656
01-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Was probably Smiths Restaurant in North Creek that you remember as a "german" place. They family that runs it has a german heritage and will often have dishes reflective of that. I agree with ADK Keith about Marsha's and Black Mountain.... both work. We go to both often...Marsha's is great for the morning coffee, eggs and toast...and you can always get a little "local" flavor and opinions thrown in as well...specially if you sit at the bar. Black Mountain Restaurant was the best thing to happen for good, reasonably priced food and drink to the area in years. The folks that run the place all ski, they actually like the locals and guests ( unlike one other restaurant in town that has teed off all sorts of people) and its a great place to hang out after skiing. Trappers is good food, but those damn round tables are a pain if you have more than a couple of people, since you can't pull any tables together for a group of 6 or 8 people...and who skis/drinks alone?????

oh...for breakfast..if in the mood for "gourmet" coffee and great pastries than the choice is Cafe Sara's on Main street...

jimmer
01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
try to stay away from caseys, allthough the food is allright the owner is a complete ass, not to many locals hang there any more, he chased them all away.by the way i saw caseys was for sale,hooray i say ,be nice to see someone take it over with a little bit more personalty. :roll:

St. Jerry
01-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Yea, don't like that dude at Caseys. Good riddence.