PDA

View Full Version : Have you raced NASTAR this year?

Skier 4 Life
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Just for kicks, I'd encourage those who have or will race NASTAR this year to post their results including handicap, age-group ranking, etc. I know HPD mentioned he might give it a try again this year. How 'bout a little friendly competition? :P

BTW, it might be safer than to take on the 3.5 mile/longest run challenge that AdironRider suggested earlier today... at least during the weekend when most of us workin' stiffs get ta ski & ride. :roll:

AdironRider
01-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Come on, you dont like the HUMAN slalom on weekends?

Skier 4 Life
01-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Come on, you dont like the HUMAN slalom on weekends?

:lol:... I guess I don't mind 'em... it certainly can be a challenge in itself. I just prefer to have stationary gates to work with when I wanna go fast. 8)

highpeaksdrifter
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Just for kicks, I'd encourage those who have or will race NASTAR this year to post their results including handicap, age-group ranking, etc. I know HPD mentioned he might give it a try again this year. How 'bout a little friendly competition? :P :

Gee...I wonder if this has anything to do with you hittin gold your first time out. :wink:

Skier 4 Life
01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Gee...I wonder if this has anything to do with you hittin gold your first time out. :wink:

Still can't fool you, HPD. Wanna see if you can top me :?: Just be sure you do it comin' down your first run o' the day... no sense wastin' your whole day tryin' :wink:

highpeaksdrifter
01-29-2007, 08:11 PM

Still can't fool you, HPD. Wanna see if you can top me :?: Just be sure you do it comin' down your first run o' the day... no sense wastin' your whole day tryin' :wink:

Callin me out, NICE. It's on now. You gonna take your medicine now boy. :wink:

Jack the Ripper
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Just for kicks, I'd encourage those who have or will race NASTAR this year to post their results including handicap, age-group ranking, etc. I know HPD mentioned he might give it a try again this year. How 'bout a little friendly competition? :P

BTW, it might be safer than to take on the 3.5 mile/longest run challenge that AdironRider suggested earlier today... at least during the weekend when most of us workin' stiffs get ta ski & ride. :roll:

Don't do it. IT'S CRACK. HP is still in recovery. Only the yellow keeps him out. :shock:

Skier 4 Life
01-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Callin me out, NICE. It's on now. You gonna take your medicine now boy. :wink:

No medicine needed, 'ol man. You're goin' down and you know it! :P

BTW, I left the Red Bull behind in my pack and took my one and only run down the course on my first run on Sunday. All after havin' a big lunch and findin' the course rutted up with plenty 'o ice. Guess those pair of Nordica SM 14 you sold me las' year were just what I needed! :wink:

Skier 4 Life
01-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't do it. IT'S CRACK. HP is still in recovery. Only the yellow keeps him out. :shock:

Just cuz we can't race with the yellow on, doesn't mean HPD & I can't have a little fun on our days off, right :?: Why don't you join us, Jack? :P

Skier 4 Life
03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
for his first GOLD of the season at the Face last Sunday... and a 21 handicap... not too shabby. He even qualified for Nationals while skiing at Gore earlier this year... job well done!

P.S. I knew it was only a matter of time 'til he got that GOLD! :D

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2007, 02:05 PM
for his first GOLD of the season at the Face last Sunday... and a 21 handicap... not too shabby. He even qualified for Nationals while skiing at Gore earlier this year... job well done!

P.S. I knew it was only a matter of time 'til he got that GOLD! :D

Thanks, I was getting frustrated coming so close and not breaking through. Speaking of Gore there is a bump contest there the Sat. before the Apple Butter, we shoud get the crew and enter.

Skier 4 Life
03-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Speaking of Gore there is a bump contest there the Sat. before the Apple Butter, we should get the crew and enter.

I'd love to give it a try... it'll be a nice warm-up to the Apple Butter comp. BTW, any idea what time and trail its on?

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Speaking of Gore there is a bump contest there the Sat. before the Apple Butter, we should get the crew and enter.

I'd love to give it a try... it'll be a nice warm-up to the Apple Butter comp. BTW, any idea what time and trail its on?

Bottom part of Hawkeye, you register between 8:30 and 10:00 so I'm guessing about 11:00.

Denison
03-11-2007, 06:06 AM
I raced Whiteface Nastar on Friday, nothing to brag about - 50 handicap :oops:

highpeaksdrifter
03-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I raced Whiteface Nastar on Friday, nothing to brag about - 50 handicap :oops:

Good for you, racing NASTAR is alot of fun. As you keep doing it and see your handicap get lower it becomes addictive.

If you ask Ken or Bill at the start house for tips to get your times down they'll give you some good pointers. Both are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Denison
03-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Got my handicap to 41% today... allrighty!

highpeaksdrifter
03-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Got my handicap to 41% today... allrighty!

Nice improvement. :) Keep it up.