PDA

View Full Version : High Peaks

luv2cruz
01-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Skiing was good today. Chatimac was ungroomed manmade. The bumps were big and soft and a lot of fun! :lol: Hawkeye was machine groomed and perfect for cruzing. I heard that the High Peaks is "planned" to be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday! :roll: On all natural!!! Wow! Oh, the thougt of skiing in the woods.8)

Harvey44
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
From an email I got today from Marketing:

"For the weekend we anticipate having several new trails open in the High Peaks Area due to round-the-clock snowmaking efforts."

In response to my call for more summit.

M

luv2cruz
01-30-2007, 07:53 AM
If they are making snow on the summit side, I haven't seen any and neither have other skiers!!!! They was no snow being made yesterday, the snowmakers had one whole shift off!!!

jimmer
01-30-2007, 03:31 PM
If they are making snow on the summit side, I haven't seen any and neither have other skiers!!!! They was no snow being made yesterday, the snowmakers had one whole shift off!!!haha i know who you are,ha ha ha ha, see you tomorrow. 8)

jimmer
01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
From an email I got today from Marketing:

"For the weekend we anticipate having several new trails open in the High Peaks Area due to round-the-clock snowmaking efforts."

In response to my call for more summit.yea right harv im sure you were the one that brought them over the edge, you think your the only one one bitchen that that stuff isnt open, get in line, its a long one. by the way some trails on the summit and lies for the weekend,sounds like its going to happen,there were guns over there ready to go,just no one there to run them, tomorrow for sure,herd that from mt 1. so ill admit i was wrong from before, but that was what i had herd. get out there and get it. b 8)

M

Harvey44
01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I certainly hope I'm not the only one.

adkman656
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Snowmaking going on now on Lies...Chat will be groomed by the weekend, also opening upper and LOWER Steilhang, Lower Darby, Hullabaloo and Wood-In so there is access to the summit chair via the adk triple... Lies will open Friday or Sat at the latest.. Thats the word I get from the powers that be anyway...asked about the snowmaking...said they had a scheduled 36 hour down time to do required maintenance on all the compressors, and equipment repairs after the long cold snap. Was a planned move I guess and they are back at it now...I asked why they didn't keep something going and all i heard was that it was better overall for the snowmaking to shut down completely, get the maintenance done as quick as possible and then fire back up...they know better than me I guess.... sounds like fun this weekend!!!

Got this info by just asking a manager and a patroller during a gondi ride while skiing this morning...snow was great this AM!

Lbtchnlgs
01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
hullabaloo :twisted:

luv2cruz
01-31-2007, 06:44 PM
From where I was, everyone was all smiles :D today!!! See you on the slopes tomorrow. 8)