PDA

View Full Version : Gore Mountain Hosts Telemark Day

Greg
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
http://news.alpinezone.com/13332/

Lbtchnlgs
01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
i wanna try to tele it looks pretty fun- how hard is it. great quad work out?

Harvey44
01-31-2007, 02:02 PM
How hard is it? How to say? I get asked that guestion all the time, but can't answer it because I've never skied alpine. (How hard is alpine?) I always answer - if ease was the goal I would have just stayed in bed this morning. It is just FUN! Know the thrill you get (or used to get if you're a hot shot) when you first looked at, and attempted Rumor? On teles for me Rumor will NEVER be a cake walk no matter how many times I try it.

If you are a good alpine skier I bet you could pick it up fairly quickly. The most important things are the same - face the fall line etc.

I'll tell you this - the boots are WAY more comfortable - ever see a teley guy/gal release their buckles on the chair? And skating (a valuable skill at Gore) is much easier. Also POWDER and Backcountry is easier. What is harder is hardpack or ice. But then tele skiers can always do parallel turns when they get on the bulletproof. Because you can do all of the turns, you really are an all mountain skier.

Ok that's it, done with my sales pitch.

Harv

jimmer
01-31-2007, 04:09 PM
telemark, is that where you guys call each other and try to sell stuff ? :?

Lbtchnlgs
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
ill have to try it out someday. i would like to try tele and alpine both but tele looks cooler so that'd probably be my first choice

Harvey44
01-31-2007, 08:42 PM
LBT - so you're a boarder. Tele has more in common with boarding when you are in powder - the position, and I'm told the feeling of surfing.

Harv

PS Jimmer for President.

jimmer
02-02-2007, 08:26 AM
LBT - so you're a boarder. Tele has more in common with boarding when you are in powder - the position, and I'm told the feeling of surfing.

Harv

PS Jimmer for President. i accept, for my first order of bussiness i promise to,lower taxes, clean up the enviroment, and blow more snow on gore, thank you ,thank you very much. and i did not have sex with that woman. peace