PDA

View Full Version : guns on lies

jimmer
01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
wensday, they turned the guns on ,on lies about 11:00. after two days of not blowing anywhere they came back too life today, said they were going to start on the dark side ,but saw no action over there.keep your fingers crossed for that by the weekend. the rest of the hill was pretty nice today, nice bumps on chatimac, hawkeye groomed, lower mt real nice, even got into the woods a little bit ,but not that great yet. topridge chair went down,wasnt running when i left at 2:00. all in all the hill is looking good for what is open, get out there and get it. 8)

Lbtchnlgs
01-31-2007, 04:20 PM
wensday, they turned the guns on ,on lies about 11:00. after two days of not blowing anywhere they came back too life today, said they were going to start on the dark side ,but saw no action over there.keep your fingers crossed for that by the weekend. the rest of the hill was pretty nice today, nice bumps on chatimac, hawkeye groomed, lower mt real nice, even got into the woods a little bit ,but not that great yet. topridge chair went down,wasnt running when i left at 2:00. all in all the hill is looking good for what is open, get out there and get it. 8)

what section of mtn did you get into the trees? Not asking specifics. how much snow is in there?

adkman656
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Snowmaking going on now on Lies...Chat will be groomed by the weekend, also opening upper and LOWER Steilhang, Lower Darby, Hullabaloo and Wood-In so there is access to the summit chair via the adk triple... Lies will open Friday or Sat at the latest.. Thats the word I get from the powers that be anyway...asked about the snowmaking...said they had a scheduled 36 hour down time to do required maintenance on all the compressors, and equipment repairs after the long cold snap. Was a planned move I guess and they are back at it now...I asked why they didn't keep something going and all i heard was that it was better overall for the snowmaking to shut down completely, get the maintenance done as quick as possible and then fire back up...they know better than me I guess.... sounds like fun this weekend!!!

Got this info by just asking a manager and a patroller during a gondi ride while skiing this morning...snow was great this AM!

jimmer
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM

what section of mtn did you get into the trees? Not asking specifics. how much snow is in there? straight brook glades were open,not to good, snuck into the cave,not to good, skiied a couple off the map, not to good. all in all not to good . theres just enough snow to hide all of the bad stuff. one good storm away.

luv2cruz
01-31-2007, 06:48 PM
One good storm away; maybe this Friday :?: RB broke his femur this afternoon, can you believe it. He was having such a nice day. He'll be out for awhile. See you tomorrow, Luv2

jimmer
01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
One good storm away; maybe this Friday :?: RB broke his femur this afternoon, can you believe it. He was having such a nice day. He'll be out for awhile. See you tomorrow, Luv2 whos rb ?

luv2cruz
01-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Ron