PDA

View Full Version : Help with technical question

02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I have a pair of Tecnica Diablo boots. Somehow I broke one of the pivot points on the buckles. The lower point is still in tact and the upper is almost gone. Does anyone know if I can have what looks like a long rivet replaced or do I have to replace the whole buckle? Boots are just over a year old and have that nice familiar broken in feel. Hate to buy new.

MidnightCarving
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM
i'm sure it could be done, you're probably going to have to conquer it yourself though, take the inner lining out and investigate how it is attached. take a trip to the hardware store and see what you can do.

oldskibum
02-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Willy, I don't know where you bought your boots, but Cunningham's sell Technica in LP, check with Mike or Brian, maybe they can help you (warrantee??). Tell them you work at the Mt, and you could use my name too, I have bought A LOT of equipment from them over the years.

Denison
02-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I bought my Technica boots in Cunningham's four years ago. Great service

02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Willy, I don't know where you bought your boots, but Cunningham's sell Technica in LP, check with Mike or Brian, maybe they can help you (warrantee??). Tell them you work at the Mt, and you could use my name too, I have bought A LOT of equipment from them over the years.

Thanks for your help guys. I stoped into Cunninghams this afternoon and they gave me a rivet to fix the buckle. Works fine now.