PDA

View Full Version : stolen Skis

mikebike
02-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Friday 2/9 Black 2007 Volkl AC3 163's stolen from Saddle lodge about 11:00am

They belonged to a friend I was skiing with .... if anybody hears anything.... let me know thanks

Harvey44
02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Mike - so sorry to hear that. It is possible it was a mistake right? We can hope. Did you let the mountain know? If I took someones skis by mistake I'd return them to the office at the base lodge. I guess that's one thing about skiing tele...who would steal them.

Good luck.

MidnightCarving
02-10-2007, 01:33 PM
man thats terrible, i cant stand that....

i usually engrave my name on the tip of my skis... seems to work... someone going for a nice pair of 06' rossi B2's is met with my name engraved and they think twice i hope..

Dr Skimeister
02-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Skis stolen from outside the Saddle lodge means either someone picked-up and skiied away on the wrong skis or someone picked them up and knew where/who to stash them in the lodge. I would think someone skiing away carrying a pair of skis would cause suspicion.

alexcaraco
02-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Skis stolen from outside the Saddle lodge means either someone picked-up and skiied away on the wrong skis or someone picked them up and knew where/who to stash them in the lodge. I would think someone skiing away carrying a pair of skis would cause suspicion.

i agree definitely check with the mountain.

midweeker
02-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow, not good. I was at Gore the previous week end and my wife was referring to me as "cityboy" because I would lock our skis everytime they were not on our boots. My theory is rather safe than sorry and my home hill in Pa. is known for ski/board theft at alarming rates. On top of all that, I just really like my skis.

mikebike
02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I typed the intial post in haste while at my dad's and left out some very puzzling details ..... here is the rest of the story

There was a pair of 2007 AC3 170's in the rack --- with the same boot size bindings ----when his disappeared... so I thouhgt ...hmmm mistaken identidy ....then the plot thickens...

my friend goes in the saddle lodge and asks everybody in there if anyone is skiing the AC'3 ----NOPE....

I ask my friend if his poles are there.....NOPE... and his were new & BLACK.... the ones left behind were OLD and PURPLE (very Purple) ---hard to not notice that

my friend notified PAtrol and the lodge people and waited there for an hour.....we 3 of us who were with him went to the base.... I looked at the racks at the base lodge ---no AC'3 the other two watched the gondola line for the next 45 minutes no AC'3

--------------------
then he then filed a report with the State Police --- probably not the wisest thing....as they told him if he kept the 170's that were left... they would have to charge him with Larceny--- so now he has bubkas

the left skis had a ski shop sticker on both skis in front of the bindings

the 163's had one from ALPINE HAUS on one ski behind the bindings

I will keep you posted if anything comes up

Lbtchnlgs
02-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I typed the intial post in haste while at my dad's and left out some very puzzling details ..... here is the rest of the story

There was a pair of 2007 AC3 170's in the rack --- with the same boot size bindings ----when his disappeared... so I thouhgt ...hmmm mistaken identidy ....then the plot thickens...

my friend goes in the saddle lodge and asks everybody in there if anyone is skiing the AC'3 ----NOPE....

I ask my friend if his poles are there.....NOPE... and his were new & BLACK.... the ones left behind were OLD and PURPLE (very Purple) ---hard to not notice that

my friend notified PAtrol and the lodge people and waited there for an hour.....we 3 of us who were with him went to the base.... I looked at the racks at the base lodge ---no AC'3 the other two watched the gondola line for the next 45 minutes no AC'3

--------------------
then he then filed a report with the State Police --- probably not the wisest thing....as they told him if he kept the 170's that were left... they would have to charge him with Larceny--- so now he has bubkas

the left skis had a ski shop sticker on both skis in front of the bindings

the 163's had one from ALPINE HAUS on one ski behind the bindings

I will keep you posted if anything comes up

damn i was hoping that this thread would get positive prtty quick upon the finding of the ski's. Sorry to hear the bad news, it must have put a damper on your weekend. From the looks of things your two visits this year have not been the best. best of luck to your friend

mikebike
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
actually both trip were most excellent.....though Friday was a bit screwed up... I still managed 27,000 feet of vertical (measured with Garmin Edge 305)
I did 25,000 on Thursday ....and 33,600 on Saturday....

even the prior trip in Jan though only 19 trails were open the snow that was there was a bunch of fun...

it was VERY windy in general both trips (though Saturday(2/10) was not bad wind wise and the snow was very nice.

my friend and I drove up separately and since he skiis there 4 days a week all winter... though he (and I ) were pi$$ed we did not let us ruin the day

Adk Keith
02-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Mike - so sorry to hear that. It is possible it was a mistake right? We can hope. Did you let the mountain know? If I took someones skis by mistake I'd return them to the office at the base lodge. I guess that's one thing about skiing tele...who would steal them.

Good luck.

Don't be so sure (I used to think the same thing.) Two years ago someone stole a woman's tele setup exactly like mine (Atomic TM-22's w/ Karhu 7TM's) from Gore.

I saw the SP and Sheriff there yesterday. It sucks!

Jack the Ripper
02-12-2007, 05:58 PM

Good luck.

Gore's full of that bad element. Too bad dude. :evil:

NPN
02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
The strange thing is, I've heard more of these stories about skis, and boards being stolen from Saddle than from outside of the base lodge at Gore.

Dr Skimeister
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Can't help but wonder if someone familiar with the Saddle Lodge lifts the skis, stashes them somewhere in/around lodge and retrieves them later, perhaps carrying them off the mountain with other stuff such as trash that comes from the lodge. I have a hard time figuring that someone just happens to find skis that he/she likes that just happens to have bindings set to the right boot size and skis off with them from that lodge.

Harvey44
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
It is BEYOND me. Skiing is such a great liberating feeling. How you could steal that from someone else - I just don't get it. I mean really, people on the mountain aren't really poor or underprivileged. So it's just plain mean selfishness.

Harv

Lbtchnlgs
02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I have a hard time figuring that someone just happens to find skis that he/she likes that just happens to have bindings set to the right boot size and skis off with them from that lodge.

i have questioned the same thing

NPN
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Friday 2/9 Black 2007 Volkl AC3 163's stolen from Saddle lodge about 11:00am

They belonged to a friend I was skiing with .... if anybody hears anything.... let me know thanks

Hey, I forgot this when I posted to the thread yesterday, but, I was speaking with a local woman at Whiteface a week or so ago who got her brand new snowboard ripped off on Xmas day. She went to her insurance agent who got her a replacemnt within three days, and the whole thing was covered by her home owners insurance. Hope that helps.

Lbtchnlgs
02-13-2007, 04:56 PM
do you have to file for insurance on snowboards/skis?

NPN
02-13-2007, 05:28 PM
do you have to file for insurance on snowboards/skis?

I have no idea. All I know is that I offered up my sympathies, and she responded with a "no worries, my home owners covered it".

She's a hot blonde, so no details were involved.

Best bet is to take it up with your agent to make sure of your exact coverage.

xalexjx
02-14-2007, 07:03 AM
ill keep my eyes open, i know most of the regulars who are younger, if i hear anything ill give you a name, i hate people who steal :x