PDA

View Full Version : First time to Gore

sbguy
02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Going up to Gore for first time for four days have never been there! Need some information about the hill It's just my 14 yr old son and I we both can ride so are looking for some challenging terrain. Also should we try to get to Whiteface? or will Gore keep us happy

St. Jerry
02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I would try to make it up to Whiteface for a day. Maybe ski your first two days at Gore, and if you're feeling like you want to ski somewhere else after that, head to Whiteface for a day. It's about 1 hr. and 20 min drive from Gore. Be sure to check out the town of Lake Placid after your day of skiing in Whiteface.

Harvey44
02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Personally I think that Gore will be pretty interesting later in the week. If we do get 18+" on Weds/Thurs EVERYTHING will open up. What days are you going to be there?

There is the possibility that many resorts will have wind hold issues too. So consider that as well.

sbguy
02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
we are going to be there 2/20-2/23 for Presidents school vacation I hope that it is not too crowded. we are staying in Lake George so that seems like a bit of a drive to Whiteface

jimmer
02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
gores a great hill, but pres week= big crowds, get there early, the hill will be in great shape with the most terrain open of the year.if youve never been to whiteface, id say go , that place is awsome, some of the steepest terrain in the east, the best scenic veiws of just about anywhere, and it is an olympic mt. from lake george its maybe 1hr 20mins.but well worth it.the drive alone is awsome[adk mts]. either way the skiing will be great, have a good time,be careful out there

Jack the Ripper
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Going up to Gore for first time for four days have never been there! Need some information about the hill It's just my 14 yr old son and I we both can ride so are looking for some challenging terrain. Also should we try to get to Whiteface? or will Gore keep us happy

Whiteface is where it's at. Gore should be getting some snow so that will keep you busy. Get off the gondi and head for the summit for the goods. You'll have to skate for it. 8)

Harvey44
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, yeah head up there. We'll handle it down here. :) :wink:

luv2cruz
02-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Whiteface is a drive, but well worth it. Because not only is the Mt awesome, but Lake Placid has much better night life than Lake George or North Creek.

Lbtchnlgs
02-13-2007, 10:24 AM
heres my 2 cents... gore is going to be epic starting tomorrow, but then again so is every other mountain in the east

sbguy
02-24-2007, 07:33 AM
What a week!!!! Got to Gore Sat 2/15 for three days Sat & Sun were unbelivable days! looking at all the posted pics Darkside what a blast. Double barrel ,straightbrook glades and on Saturday early am High pine glades were fantastic. All i can say is My son and I had a blast. Went up to Whiteface for two days and that was a bit of a change I do belive that Upper Skyward is probably the steepest trail that I have been on in the East. Tues @ Whiteface was so foggy at the Top that you could not see 1' in front of you, so we stayed in the glades off of Upper Northway, those were fun. Wed Afternoon the fog /clod's lifted from the top and what an awesome View!!! All i can say is those are two very different and awesome mountains that One tired 14 yr old and his father are very glad that they went and can't wait to return. Sure beats the hell out of the Southern VT mtns. :lol:

mikebike
02-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Sure beats the hell out of the Southern VT mtns.

no it doesn't :x ..........and don't tell any of your friends that it does :wink: