PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Thoughts

freeheelwilly
02-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Game on Kids!

Let's start with this from the NWS Burlington (I've edited to remove all of their language that downplays this. They're way too conservative over there. I say, let it rip!):

WHICH INCLUDES THE
06Z NAM SHOWING 3.17" STORM TOTAL QPF AT KBTV. IT IS NOTEWORTHY THAT
KBTV HAS NEVER /SINCE 1883/ RECEIVED 2" LIQUID PRECIPITATION IN A
24-HR PERIOD IN THE MONTH OF FEB /SEE CLIMATE SECTION BELOW/.

:lol: :lol: 3.17" :lol: :lol: How funny would that be if it actually goes down like that?!? I've seen some predictions for ratios of 10:1 to 15:1. That would be 30-45" of snow!! :lol: :lol:

And I don't buy into the idea that this is gonna be the wet and heavy stuff for us. Up here, this thing is comin' in cold! It's -29F in Saranac Lake as I type this. MINUS 29F!!! This is gonna be the super-light blower. (Please!) And we've already gotta a good base. Remember that CRAP we got out of the MLK storm? That's still down there and it's hard as a rock. We don't need any more of that. The nooks and crannies are already filled in.

Man this is gonna be good!! 8)

(I hope. The reality is, forecasting this complicated storm is driving the pro mets nuts. We're gonna get snow though, that's for sure! How much and all the rest is still a little uncertain. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best! And in the meantime, party like its 1999! 8) )

ajl50
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
At this point I'm happy to see the NWS move from the winter storm warning which covers that MLK like mix crap to the heavy snow warning. Good news. I'm also happy to see that some rain will be reaching me here in NYC as that indicates a more favorable storm track for the ADKs.
One thing however is that 30-40 of blower wouldn't help the slides. You need like 20 of wetter snow for those to open. At least that's what it looked like from riding up the summit quad this weekend.

tjf67
02-13-2007, 09:08 AM
At this point I'm happy to see the NWS move from the winter storm warning which covers that MLK like mix crap to the heavy snow warning. Good news. I'm also happy to see that some rain will be reaching me here in NYC as that indicates a more favorable storm track for the ADKs.
One thing however is that 30-40 of blower wouldn't help the slides. You need like 20 of wetter snow for those to open. At least that's what it looked like from riding up the summit quad this weekend.

It certainly wont hurt the slides.

ajl50
02-13-2007, 09:18 AM
that's true....

freeheelwilly
02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Thar she blows!

Gee, do you think it's gonna hit us? :lol: :lol:

http://images.intellicast.com/WeatherImg/Radar/bgm.gif

http://images.intellicast.com/WeatherImg/Radar/usa.gif[/quote]