Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Discussion Quality

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    ya, HPD...im feeling the luv i have to disagree w/ your WF comment. i enjoy reading about WF w/ the boys. granted i don't have much inside info to offer w/ regard to the hill but my general lack of knowledge in skiing is quite insightful if i must say so myself just because its a WF board does not limit the conversations to WF specific topics (atleast imo) if it were that way this site would have fewer posts than it already does. the topic should be about skiing and riding.

i spend a lot of my time at tgr because the posts are very informative, especially the tech forum. limiting a forum to a specific area is kinda crazy imo...isolation baby. i understand greg's feeling that he doesn't want a 'howard stern' forum and it shouldn't be. but, if you limit the discussion to just WF u will end up w/ a very quiet place.

-im out
    Other ski related stuff is fine, WF or not. I'm pretty sure other things like (Example Yanks v. Sox)wuld be ok too since we don't have a misc. section like they do in AZ. It just can't get into the old RSN free for all stuff. You know what I mean Jack.

Since the forum link went on WF's home page there have been a ton of "Guests" coming here; hopefully, they will start posting.

I would like you to post here Jack, you have alot of skiing insight to offer.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: Discussion Quality

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Other ski related stuff is fine, WF or not. I'm pretty sure other things like (Example Yanks v. Sox)wuld be ok too since we don't have a misc. section like they do in AZ. It just can't get into the old RSN free for all stuff. You know what I mean Jack.
    I would say that this forum is a skiing forum with a focus on Whiteface or Gore. Any general NE skiing topics can/should just be posted on AlpineZone.com. The guys at SkiMRV opted not to have a Misc forum like AZ. Some felt it would dilute the discussion of Sugarbush/MRG and it seems those guys have endless energy to discuss just that. I'm not opposed to creating a Misc. forum here if there was enough interest. Perhaps let's wait and see. If the non-WF to WF topic ratio gets high enough, a Misc. forum is one option.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Since the forum link went on WF's home page there have been a ton of "Guests" coming here; hopefully, they will start posting.
    Likely the "guests" are search engine spiders that are crawling this site and as they index it. I'm sure there are a few actual people too and they are certainly encouraged to register and participate.
    Greg