Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blazer's Bluff

Not if they just thin all the trees between the two and make it one long gladed run between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    i have a solution

lower the milage count by making Upper Skyward and U. Cloudspin as one trail. Cut the trees and cal it Upper SkySpin
    WIE! (Worst Idea Ever!)
    UR

Quote Originally Posted by ajl50
    Was it worth it?
    It wasn't today. I skied it once. The slab of hard pack on the head wall has doubled in size. The snow has fallen away further down. Once you hit the snow it's a few turns and then runout.

If the headwall gets soft with moderating temps it will be a blast to ski again.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I got in there today as well and the headwall sure was gnarly, but I still really liked the trail. Definately the most challenging 100 yards of skiing on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    I got in there today as well and the headwall sure was gnarly, but I still really liked the trail. Definately the most challenging 100 yards of skiing on the hill.
    100 yards?

Yeah the headwall and immediate runout, everything else is no more difficult than a flat empire.

Please w/ that....

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Definately the most challenging 100 yards of skiing on the hill.
    carry a little speed leap the "headwall" two or three turns and striaght line the flat. it's a nice little additon but certainly not the most challenging "100 yards on the hill" Hopefully the pop fence comes down in the spring and we'll be able to huck for Jesus... that would add to the appeal and make a very excitting photo op...

SnowEarlySpringLate

I heard ski patrol named the boulder in the middle of the trail at the start of the run out the Blarney Stone, cause sooner or later someone is going to kiss it. I hope not, but it is a good name.

I never would have thought that Blazer's Bluff would be open more days then Empire.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

What part of Whiteface is more gnarly than that headwall? Maybe skywards if its a sheet of ice? I can never see patrol dropping that rope completely though. To much risk of someone eating it on lower sky and then plumeting off the headwall flying to their impending death in a tree. I sure would love to huck the hell out of it though, sure would be tough to check your speed before the rocks and bumps of the runout.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    I heard ski patrol named the boulder in the middle of the trail at the start of the run out the Blarney Stone, cause sooner or later someone is going to kiss it. I hope not, but it is a good name.

I never would have thought that Blazer's Bluff would be open more days then Empire.
    They do it to mock me.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.