Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High Pines Cliff

Gore finally got the big dump they have been waiting for for the past many years.
    Ever since they put the topridge lift in i always told myself that i was going to drop that first big cliff you come up on while riding up the lift. Im sure the snow is far deep enough, especially from the wind. Has there been any tracks from people dropping it?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Last Time I was there, there were 3 sets of tracks going off of it and a couple of people who went to the edge an then wussed out.

I don't blame them . . . The landing is flat as hell. The people who did make the jump just look like they made big old bomb holes and didn't ride away cleanly. Of course, when the landing is that flat, there's not much more that you can do.

I just missed the guy who was huckin that baby. I was doing laps on high pines and one run- no tracks, the next run there they were. The chickens came after. Doesn't look like much fun but the tracks sure are cool.

Jimmer was it YOU?

Harv

yeah if you have any chance in riding away you gotta go off it at a good speed. damn people took my glory

I notice tracks 2 weeks ago and the landing did not look so sweet.
    Its a dry 7.

Did it the first year High Pines was open. 2002? It was before they wised-up and roped it off. The landing is flat; be ready for impact. This year is as good as any to do it.

now if anyone want to hit some of those chutes to the skier's left of Twister Glades this weekend, let me know.

its gotta be a solid 15 ft cliff right? st. jerry- id love to hit up the chutes with you, too bad im about 230 miles away.

my buddy and the 2 guys he was riding with are the ones that dropped that cliff....i guess they were landing in a snow drift ....if you look after they dropped it a snowboarder did the same...wish i was there that day

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy14
    my buddy and the 2 guys he was riding with are the ones that dropped that cliff....i guess they were landing in a snow drift ....if you look after they dropped it a snowboarder did the same...wish i was there that day
    welcome to the forums skiguy

it looks like if you go off the side and drop about halfway onto a legde you could drop the rest and ride away but dropping that whole thing to such a flat landing just seems kind of pointless.
    --------------------------

fight for a good park.