Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairview

Fairview

I know that nobody is expecting to see Fairview open ever again, and hopefully it wont be. I think they should have named ruby run "Better view". But anyway has anyone skied Fairview this winter? On skiers left there has got to be some very deep snow
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

BetterView....Ahhh.

Yeah, I would think they could re-claim the acerage from Fairview and apply it to a more meaningful area of the mtn..

I don' think there is any snow on it. It's all blown off. Just rocks and stumps. Maybe they should place some windmills on that trail now.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry
    I don' think there is any snow on it. It's all blown off. Just rocks and stumps. Maybe they should place some windmills on that trail now.
    This is true, the wind that hits that slope could power the whole damn town
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

no way thats a great trail, way better than fox lair and a hundred times better than ruby run, im really bummed that it wasnt open this year, i hope its not a sign of things to come, we have had some great days on that trail. with a little snowmaking its got some nice steep pitch, and its allways fun to watch the needles slide to the bottom, i say keep it open.

Fairview powered gondola

It would be a great place for a wind farm.... the 1st green powered ski resort in the state, but not in the US.. They could do well with the marketing and cost savings from that!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    no way thats a great trail, way better than fox lair and a hundred times better than ruby run, im really bummed that it wasnt open this year, i hope its not a sign of things to come, we have had some great days on that trail. with a little snowmaking its got some nice steep pitch, and its allways fun to watch the needles slide to the bottom, i say keep it open.
    Again, Jimmer gets it when so many others miss the boat.

fairview

I'm with jimmer I miss skinng all the powder that builds up on the left. Rubys is just good for tucking, walking and site seeing. Foxlair is okay but it is not fairview. Sking is great see you out there.

I only get to Gore about 10 times a year, but I'm with those of you who wish they would open Fairview. Ruby Run is a very functional trail because it allows low intermediates to ski off the Gondi on terrain that they can be confortable with. That said Ruby Run is no fun, but IMO Fairview is.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I also agree with Jimmer!!!! It's great when theres POW on the left and when it's icy and groomed its fun to do high speed tuck runs down it (when no ones in the way). When I worked ski school a bunch of instructors and I would tuck all the way from Fairview and carry it all the way down through Twister. If you were brave enough to keep em' pointed straight you could carry some serious speed all the way through and especially in the lower sections of Twister and through the waterfall area. Speaking of which, I miss the way Twister used to be at the bottom. After waterfall you had to set up for a couple of turns at very high speed (if you like to go fast) There was nothing like just rolling the skis over and carving through that section and feeling the G's.....