Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bump Contest

Bump Contest

Bump Contest
    North Creek
    Annual mogul event on Hawkeye! Several age categories and great prizes!
    REGISTRATION DAY-OF 8:30AM-10:00AM FIRM. SORRY, WE CANNOT REGISTER LATECOMERS, AS THIS IS AN UPPER-MOUNTAIN EVENT.

Date: 3/25/07 - 3/25/07
    Hours: 11am
    Admission: $10

Anyone here every compete in this? If so can you fill me in on the following?

How it's scored?
    Where on Hawkeye?
    Kickers?
    Who does the scoring?
    Age breakdown?
    1 run or 2 , best or combined?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Yes. Yes.

4 Judges (Ski Instructors) Style, Speed, Fluidity, Turns 1-10 Scale.
    Lower Part of Hawkeye, usually starts right around where the lift crosses the trail.
    1 Kicker, usually middle-end . . . one year they had it at the bottom.
    I think the age breakdown is usually something like (don't quote me) Under 8, 8-13, 13-18 (most competitive), 18-30, 30-50, over 50.
    One run.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Yes. Yes.

4 Judges (Ski Instructors) Style, Speed, Fluidity, Turns 1-10 Scale.
    Lower Part of Hawkeye, usually starts right around where the lift crosses the trail.
    1 Kicker, usually middle-end . . . one year they had it at the bottom.
    I think the age breakdown is usually something like (don't quote me) Under 8, 8-13, 13-18 (most competitive), 18-30, 30-50, over 50.
    One run.
    Thank You

Damnit!
    I hope my back heals by then.
    Its a dry 7.

So anyways, myself, Jack the Ripper, Skierforlife and at least 2 other guys from Whiteface are going to enter. MC2, Wa or any of you Gore rippers come up to say hi beers on me after the contest, I'd like to meet you guys.

If it's not too warm I'll have on a black parka, that says Nordica in big red letters on the back toward the bottom.

Lets get it on, these things are always fun.

Bumps are for wimps.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    So anyways, myself, Jack the Ripper, Skierforlife and at least 2 other guys from Whiteface are going to enter. MC2, Wa or any of you Gore rippers come up to say hi beers on me after the contest, I'd like to meet you guys.

If it's not too warm I'll have on a black parka, that says Nordica in big red letters on the back toward the bottom.

Man, I would love to be there and ski with you guys in the bump contest but I won't be able to make it. My back is still out of whack from my last run down Double Barrel two weekends ago which ultimately ended my day in a ride on the meat sled courtesy of Gore's Ski Patrol. Spend last week home out of commission flat on my back. I'm finally back at work but walking with a cane. I'm afraid my season came to an early end this year.
    Its a dry 7.

If I wasn't bashing it up in Jackson right now, I'd kick all your azzes. especially you, Class.

baisicaly the only way to win is if you know people at the mountain, same as all the other contests, like lst years big air when josh was robbed by scotty. bumps are typical gore crap, suckily shaped and inconsistant, jumps land in bumps and are pretty decent other than the landing

Quote Originally Posted by Wa
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter

Man, I would love to be there and ski with you guys in the bump contest but I won't be able to make it. My back is still out of whack from my last run down Double Barrel two weekends ago which ultimately ended my day in a ride on the meat sled courtesy of Gore's Ski Patrol. Spend last week home out of commission flat on my back. I'm finally back at work but walking with a cane. I'm afraid my season came to an early end this year.
    Sorry to hear that, hope you're back is good as new next season.