Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: slides yet????

Re: please w/ that

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    umm...ive skied WF!!

have you skied Cannon, Wildcat, Jay, Loaf, SR or anywhere beyond WF?

it must be really boring skiing the same hill all the time...no choices kind of blows huh? of course you could call gore a choice, but i wouldn't. And yes, ive skied gore too! piss off!!
    O, isnt someone a little cranky today - must of been a messy changing.. :P

I have not skied your beloved Cannon, nor wildcat, Jay yes, Loaf no, nor SR. Yes I've skied beyond WF but no not in the last two seasons. I have not left the ADKs to ski. But that's because I find WF totally fulfilling - and its a 15 minute ride from home.

I never get bored at WF and this spring we'll be festing on corn well into April all over the dacks so I'll probably not leave again. I could easily travel across the pond to MRG, da Bush or Stowe all within 2 hours... choices are there I just choose the Big Mtn!!!
    SnowEarlySpringLate

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    wf doesn't have anything comparable.
    how would you know?

hey isn't it diaper changing time??
    umm...ive skied WF!!

it must be really boring skiing the same hill all the time...no choices kind of blows huh? of course you could call gore a choice, but i wouldn't. And yes, ive skied gore too! piss off!!
    Yes, I have skiied all of the above mentioned areas, and I still prefer Whiteface. I also get that that is just my personal preference, and that you're entitled to yours, but isn't it a little early in the day for grumpy guy, and "piss off"? That usually doesn't happen to me until cocktail stupid sets in right around midnight. What I don't get is why a guy from NH is spending so much time on this board if he/she is so much happier with all of those other areas.
    first off...it wasn't directed toward you. ghost and i always joke w/ each other...so, PISS OFF!!!

secondly, skiing the bunny hill at those area's does not qualify as skiing the hill.

wf doesn't have anything comparable.
    how would you know?

hey isn't it diaper changing time??
    umm...ive skied WF!!

Yes, I have skiied all of the above mentioned areas, and I still prefer Whiteface. I also get that that is just my personal preference, and that you're entitled to yours, but isn't it a little early in the day for grumpy guy, and "piss off"? That usually doesn't happen to me until cocktail stupid sets in right around midnight. What I don't get is why a guy from NH is spending so much time on this board if he/she is so much happier with all of those other areas.
    first off...it wasn't directed toward you. ghost and i always joke w/ each other...so, PISS OFF!!!

secondly, skiing the bunny hill at those area's does not qualify as skiing the hill.
    Well, either somebody's hittin' the bottle a little early, or . Either way, you have a nice day.

Well, either somebody's hittin' the bottle a little early, or just a total dick. Either way, you have a nice day.
    you have a nice day too

Re: SlideGoons in full effect

Some of the " avi professionals" on patrol are lockin them up. the hardcore dudes are even camping out at the entrance to the outlaw trail to ambush the poachers...

first weekend of March they may have been chest deep down #3 - total whiteroom - but I'm just guessing
    What else is new??? As for that outlaw entrance the last time I checked they actually had a no skiing sign there. If that wasn't there, no one would know about the entrance.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

not that i'll be up, but any rumor on them opening?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

umm...ive skied WF!!

O, isnt someone a little cranky today - must of been a messy changing.. :P

I have not skied your beloved Cannon, nor wildcat, Jay yes, Loaf no, nor SR. Yes I've skied beyond WF but no not in the last two seasons. I have not left the ADKs to ski. But that's because I find WF totally fulfilling - and its a 15 minute ride from home.

I never get bored at WF and this spring we'll be festing on corn well into April all over the dacks so I'll probably not leave again. I could easily travel across the pond to MRG, da Bush or Stowe all within 2 hours... choices are there I just choose the Big Mtn!!!

Hey, Ill be the first to admit I love the face, BUT you sound like your talking out of your ass when you say Whiteface is bar none the best in the east when you havent skied anywhere else in over 2 years, and havent hit up some of the other top resorts in the NE, especially given they arent even 2 hours away. Whiteface is definately one of my top three; however, I have yet to hit the Bush, and Stowe is just plain the best. Theyve got it all, legitimate terrain, tons more snow than the face, better/more trees, and much better backcountry. If Whiteface werent pussies about the slides it might be closer, but they arent and it isnt.

Just for the record my personal opinion on the top three in the east:

1) Stowe
    2) Whiteface
    3) Cannon

STOWEWHAT

STOWEWHAT!
    SnowEarlySpringLate