Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: slides yet????

tight right on one is always loaded - but dont U think the margin for error is pretty decent for the six day a year skier that U know will venture in w/ a more lose policy??
    yes, if not done properly you would have many folks on it that should not be." Yeah I skied the slides" guys.
    That's why they should require minimum of pairs with avy gear (probe/shovel/beacon) that check in with patrolers if there is anything less than solid conditions. They said last year they were going to do avy gear required slides access, yet to see it. Due to that, me and a few others have been bringing our avy gear in the cars hoping. Scare people into not going down it.

The topic of the slides when concerning the managment of the mountain is garbage. Almost as bad as the half pipe, another topic. It's the lack of info on the slides that has me thinking they don't give a poo 'bout it. The slides could be one of whiteface's biggest marketing tools. What other mountain in the east compares when including the slides?

Stowe What

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    It is like when Stowe posts avy danger warnings. I think it is less the actual danger of a slide happening and more of a dramatic phrase that makes people think it is one bad a** mountain and draws people in.
    Stowe-What? thats a great bumper sticker! IMHO they wrecked that place w/ all the residential! that place is way too New England country club on any given weekend... mt Stowe days are numbered and then only during the week.. 20 minute lift lines everywhere!

Stowe-What, WF rules!
    SnowEarlySpringLate

none

[quote="frashdog"]
    What other mountain in the east compares when including the slides?
    w/ less grooming on Parkway, MacKenzie and Wilderness so we have designated bump trails, the ever expanding glades, awesome sustained vertical, a world cup pipe, boader cross course on Boreen, best Snowtribe in the biz and never any liftlines - even w/out the slides I think WF is best ski in da east, w/ slides 4sure even better.

WF is a ripper's mtn! just ride man, no worries!

SnowEarlySpringLate

Whoa killer, Whitefaces snowmakers have made leaps and bounds in the last 3 years with the ongoing improvements, but the Face is far from a snowmaking powerhouse. Killington, Okemo, Sunday River, and especially hunter are far superior in terms of the product they are capable of putting down.

We all love Whiteface here, but lets not get overzealous. Everything else you said was spot on though.

perspective

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Whoa killer, Whitefaces snowmakers have made leaps and bounds in the last 3 years with the ongoing improvements, but the Face is far from a snowmaking powerhouse.
    I respectfully dissagree. Our Tribe buried WF within the limted window MoNat offered this season!

given the limted access to water I'd take our snowtribe over any of those aforementioned hills. I skied velvet carpet on parkway and skyward this season that, IMHO, is second to none! WF SnowTribe Rules!!!
    SnowEarlySpringLate

Re: none

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    even w/out the slides I think WF is best ski in da east, w/ slides 4sure even better.
    if you had skied...including the bc and local runs....everywhere in da east you could make that statement. but!!! and that's a big BUTT...you haven't!!! therefore, i will disagree!

stowe bc and tree shots rock! also, ski cannon off the 'old man's nose'...well where is used to be anyway. open regular trail...tramline. wf doesn't have anything comparable.

please w/ that

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    wf doesn't have anything comparable.
    how would you know?

hey isn't it diaper changing time??
    SnowEarlySpringLate

Re: perspective

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider
    Whoa killer, Whitefaces snowmakers have made leaps and bounds in the last 3 years with the ongoing improvements, but the Face is far from a snowmaking powerhouse.
    I respectfully dissagree. Our Tribe buried WF within the limted window MoNat offered this season!

given the limted access to water I'd take our snowtribe over any of those aforementioned hills. I skied velvet carpet on parkway and skyward this season that, IMHO, is second to none! WF SnowTribe Rules!!!
    Totally agree on the quality of the product which is what matters most in the end for sure. If anything ours was better than any of the places I mentioned before due to less overall traffic. I was just refering to how the total amount they can put down. Killington when they want to can open up terrain faster than you can blink.

Re: please w/ that

how would you know?

umm...ive skied WF!!

have you skied Cannon, Wildcat, Jay, Loaf, SR or anywhere beyond WF?

it must be really boring skiing the same hill all the time...no choices kind of blows huh? of course you could call gore a choice, but i wouldn't. And yes, ive skied gore too! piss off!!

Re: please w/ that

how would you know?

umm...ive skied WF!!

have you skied Cannon, Wildcat, Jay, Loaf, SR or anywhere beyond WF?

it must be really boring skiing the same hill all the time...no choices kind of blows huh? of course you could call gore a choice, but i wouldn't. And yes, ive skied gore too! piss off!!
    Yes, I have skiied all of the above mentioned areas, and I still prefer Whiteface. I also get that that is just my personal preference, and that you're entitled to yours, but isn't it a little early in the day for grumpy guy, and "piss off"? That usually doesn't happen to me until cocktail stupid sets in right around midnight. What I don't get is why a guy from NH is spending so much time on this board if he/she is so much happier with all of those other areas.