Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Software Conversion This Spring

Just wanted to start a thread about this. The plan this spring (probably in May) is to convert this forum from phpBB to vBulletin. I did this with the AlpineZone Forums in February 2006 and haven't looked back. Feel free to post any questions or concerns here. I will post updates as we approach this conversion in this thread.
    Greg

Will we lose the pixs already uploaded in the gallery?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Will we lose the pixs already uploaded in the gallery?
    Good question. The old gallery will not be accessible through phpBB any more obviously, but I can preserve the current photos like I did with the old AZ gallery:

http://www.alpinezone.com/gallery-archives/

The PhotoPost Gallery that is integrated into the AZ vBulletin forum is commercial software and I don't plan on purchasing a license for SkiADK and SkiMRV at this point. My recommendation would be to use your AZ gallery instead.
    Greg

Dang, know I have to learn how to do something new, I hate that.

can you say "bunch of dorks"

HA!

Yeah, HA

Re: Forum Software Conversion This Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Just wanted to start a thread about this. The plan this spring (probably in May) is to convert this forum from phpBB to vBulletin. I did this with the AlpineZone Forums in February 2006 and haven't looked back. Feel free to post any questions or concerns here. I will post updates as we approach this conversion in this thread.
    Why? What's the difference in the two? I don't know jack about that stuff.
    Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Re: Forum Software Conversion This Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Why? What's the difference in the two? I don't know jack about that stuff.
    Better administration tools, spam management, more functionality, better security, easier to update, etc...
    Greg

do we get new smiley's?
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs
    do we get new smiley's?
    Some and I'll import the old ones.
    Greg