Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I like Booreen becuase its challenging but not scary and it winds through pretty trees. I also like the bottom section. Do U ski Booreen HPD?

I think it's great that beginners can take the high speed quad and ski Easy Way and Boreen to the base lodge. That's 1500' of nice and interesting novice terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    I like Booreen becuase its challenging but not scary and it winds through pretty trees. I also like the bottom section. Do U ski Booreen HPD?
    I do. Booreen is also a very useful trail. It lets you ski to Kid's Kampue, takes you right to the Cloudspin Lounge, MSA and NYSEF.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I think it's great that beginners can take the high speed quad and ski Easy Way and Boreen to the base lodge. That's 1500' of nice and interesting novice terrain.

What makes U think I am a beginner FreeHeel Toad?? Booreen is a step trail at WF!

What makes U think I am a beginner FreeHeel Toad?? Booreen is a step trail at WF!
    Didn't mean it that way at all. I have no idea whether you're a beginner or not. Just was making an observation. But I think that if you think Boreen is steep, you may be confusing it with another trail. It's not that it's not steep by Whiteface standards - it's not steep by any mountain's standards (except Stratton. It would be a double diamond at Stratton )

I was suspicious before. But now I’m pretty sure. Phineas is an old friend. One of the gang of 4. This will be fun figuring out.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Didn't mean it that way at all. I have no idea whether you're a beginner or not. Just was making an observation. But I think that if you think Boreen is steep, you may be confusing it with another trail. It's not that it's not steep by Whiteface standards - it's not steep by any mountain's standards (except Stratton. It would be a double diamond at Stratton )

UR still a toadee

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter

I was suspicious before. But now I’m pretty sure. Phineas is an old friend. One of the gang of 4. This will be fun figuring out.
    If they are, I got money it's Woodlawn clown. I mean toadee. Come on.

It's the woodi clown fer sure!

On a clear day like yesterday, Follies is sweet. The view of Lake Placid from up there (the body of water - not the village) is so nice. I took my buddy from cali on there yesterday for some photo-ops when the clouds lifted and the summit was clear. He was impressed. Of course, his home mountain, Mammoth, just got 8 feet of new snow so he might be a little home sick! http://www.firsttracksonline.com/new...510230202.shtm

Sky and Essex were the picks of the day yesterday. They're pulverizing Mountain Run with the guns. They were goin' full tilt Monday and again yesterday. Parkway was fast and fun. Lower Cloud was the same but a little skied off by the end of the day.

Now I know who Phineas is. I forgot to mention my suspicions when I saw you guys Monday. I was wrong anyway.