Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phineas had a good idea

I know that's a shocker!

Whiteface should do "Spring hours" and take advantage of the longer days. Lifts should spin from 10:00 until 5 or 5:30. The good skiing in the Spring typically doesn't start until at least 10AM (in a typical corn cycle) and with more daylight the lifts could spin later. How cool would that be?

I believe Hunter is spinning until 5 pm.
    Greg

Re: Phineas had a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    I know that's a shocker!

Whiteface should do "Spring hours" and take advantage of the longer days. Lifts should spin from 10:00 until 5 or 5:30. The good skiing in the Spring typically doesn't start until at least 10AM (in a typical corn cycle) and with more daylight the lifts could spin later. How cool would that be?
    That would be good and I bet if not this year alot of mountains will start doing it in the near future.

I was sitting in the lounge 4:30 Sunday and looking out on a beautiful sunny day, it was hard to believe I wasn't still skiing. It just felt so much earlier.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Belleayre is now open until 4:30 on Saturdays...

Re: Phineas had a good idea

I know that's a shocker!

you're giving him credit for that idea?? every skier i know has already said that!! you're slippin' fhw...

as we all know this won't happen at 99% of the hills...these next few weeks is when they figure out if they get to use a black or red pen for their fiscal yr end.

Oh Jackie boy. Every skier? Really? Wow.

BTW, I'm SLIDE slippin'.

Phineas is cool

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw
    you're giving him credit for that idea?? every skier i know has already said that!!
    all two of them?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha

when did U last ski WF? I betcha not in this century....
    SnowEarlySpringLate

ya know...im pretty impressed with fhw's new found techno geek abilities w/ all the pictures and little emoticon dudes.

and yes, two skiers mentioned it. everyone else was a snowboarder.

you sally's check the pics on the tucks web site lately? nice rip in the left gully left a good size crown.

you sally's check the pics on the tucks web site lately? nice rip in the left gully left a good size crown.

Saw that. Looks like the Right Gulley ripped out too and took out some trees. The bowl looks pretty filled in though. Want to try to get up there again this year.

Saw that. Looks like the Right Gulley ripped out too and took out some trees. The bowl looks pretty filled in though. Want to try to get up there again this year.
    I want to go over there this year. Lets plan a weekend and car pool it over there. I have room in my truck for 4 people and gear. 5 if people dont mind smushing