Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spring terrain park

So for the past two seasons the parkstaff has been able to put up a really nice park on boreen after the world cup is over. There is plenty of snow for them to work with and its usually really nice, sometimes a little slow but still good. This year we got screwed out of that i dont know all the details but from what i have heard (just rumors that the average local hears) managment decided that boreen was more important as a trail then a park, and the park could just stay on brookside. Now for the rest of the season all of the skiers and riders that call whiteface home will be stuck with very small jumps, no change and a mad park staff. Most of the people on this forum i realize could care less about a terain park, Is boreen that much better of a trail to ride then brookside? I dont think so. If anyone else has info on this id like to hear it. This was more or less a rant for me to say that we got screwed out of a decent park for most of the season (parkstaff has been waiting for weeks to do anything because they were expecting to just be moving their stuff after the world cup)

Having a park on Brookside or Boreen doesnt really change anything. They both are mellow pitched trails. Boreen does see alot of beginner traffic so Im fine with it staying as a trail.

I was a little surprised that Boreen was groomed flat. That was a lot of snow. I usually stay off the parks, so it is not a big deal to me, just a surprise.

Boreen

trail was groomed due to the State Police Championship ski races. this is an annual event that draws 100's of state troopers from around the northeast with the proceeds donated to make a wish foundation. there are plenty of terrain parks all around the mountain for different skiing abilities and a super pipe built to world cup specs. I think that your complaint is completely unfounded and ridiculus. find something else to b**ch about--although with the new spring hours, spring thing pass and awesome deals to be had, great snow conditions and warn sunny days in the forcast, i highly doubt you will find any.

FYI:
    The New York State Police races were held on Thruway/Drapers on Monday...don't know about Tuesday.

That last kicker in the terrain park. The one you can see from the lodge. What a great place to have a late day jump event. You can sit on the patio in the sun and watch people fly off that thing is the soft spring snow. I would do it for entertainment purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ssface
    FYI:
    The New York State Police races were held on Thruway/Drapers on Monday...don't know about Tuesday.
    FYI: they were held on boreen yesterday, hence my response.

Re: Boreen

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavolion
    trail was groomed due to the State Police Championship ski races. this is an annual event that draws 100's of state troopers from around the northeast with the proceeds donated to make a wish foundation. there are plenty of terrain parks all around the mountain for different skiing abilities and a super pipe built to world cup specs. I think that your complaint is completely unfounded and ridiculus. find something else to b**ch about--although with the new spring hours, spring thing pass and awesome deals to be had, great snow conditions and warn sunny days in the forcast, i highly doubt you will find any.
    to bad that the parks they have now are not for all abilitys, they are all beginner parks more or less, not saying that im a pro but when the biggest jump is a small 30' table it doesnt work out for everyone. Boreen let them build much bigger jumps because it was wider and a little steeper, anyone and everyone who rides the parks feels the same way, so yeah i do have something to bitch about....ass

Re: Boreen

[Boreen let them build much bigger jumps because it was wider and a little steeper, anyone and everyone who rides the parks feels the same way, so yeah i do have something to bitch about....a**[/quote]

The large jump is back at the end of Brookside - it wasn't there on Monday. It is amazing what the groomers can do!