Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What Surprised You The Most?

What surprised you the most at Whiteface this season?

For me it was Blazer’s Bluff being skiable. I just never thought there would be enough snow to cover all those rocks. I’m glad I was wrong cause it’s a fun little trail.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

The Slides surprised me the most. With the precautions they put in place last year I thought for sure they would be open.
    Dissapointing very very dissapointing.
    THey listen to the patrolers about the conditions in there a little to much. These are the same people that are all pissed off about being open till 4:30 cause they have to work. They dont want to go in there so they poo poo on my parade.

Other than that great short year.

Re: What Surprised You The Most?

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    What surprised you the most at Whiteface this season?

For me it was Blazer’s Bluff being skiable. I just never thought there would be enough snow to cover all those rocks. I’m glad I was wrong cause it’s a fun little trail.
    that FHW never once beat Phin and I to the mountain despite the amount of times he was taunted.

A Great 2nd half of the season!

How 'bout the fact that we had such great conditions after MLK weekend up to now, especially after havin' such a tough start to the season? Kudos to the mountain staff for makin' this one of the best seasons in recent memory!
    Skier 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by For some stupid reason Tsavolion
    that FHW never once beat Phin and I to the mountain despite the amount of times he was taunted.
    Are your pants actually on fire right now? Just curious.

First Weekend of March

could not believe how deep slide 3 was on Saturday and was blown away when we got her again on Sunday and it was nipple deep down 3!

Best slide days ever!
    SnowEarlySpringLate

heh,heh He said "nipple"

Heh, heh, heh

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Quote Originally Posted by For some stupid reason Tsavolion
    Are your pants actually on fire right now? Just curious.

Re: A Great 2nd half of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Skier 4 Life
    How 'bout the fact that we had such great conditions after MLK weekend up to now, especially after havin' such a tough start to the season? Kudos to the mountain staff for makin' this one of the best seasons in recent memory!
    Agreed! ... Weekend of Jan 6/7 was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen ... Things REALLY turned around after that!!!

most surprised by how quick the season changed on Valentine's Day. Then it was great. Also surprised by the amount of bump left on the mountain after that. Lot o fun. I can't remeber it being as bumped up last year. Really too bad the World Cup Freestyle was cancelled.
    Hate to see the snow go. Not that it is over yet, but I will be a year older next year when I do it again!