Expansion article. (Phineas)

Heres an article that phineas posted on the whiteface board.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise...articleID=6503

The last line is the story of Gore's life...

“He’s naked. He’s got $12.5 million allocated to Gore, and we’re not pursuing this as it should be pursued,” Weibrecht said.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

"We don't need no P lot expansion."

Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44

Pink Floyd
    I second that. In my opinon if you are foolish enough to show up at 11:00 on a weekend you deserve to park halfway down the access road
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by Lbtchnlgs

Pink Floyd
    I second that. In my opinon if you are foolish enough to show up at 11:00 on a weekend you deserve to park halfway down the access road
    The problem I see with this line of thinking is, if most people showed up at 7:30 am those who came at 8:00 am would park down the access road. It's a matter of space not time.

As more people want to ski Gore they have to make room for them to park.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

My point is that no matter how full the lot is....and IF the mountain is 90%+ open....it's not crowded at Gore. Prez week - they turned people away and the skiing was great - not crowded.

The new development will be just like adding another big parking lot while adding minimal terrain. Not likely to improve the skiing experience. Think about the restaurants too - could use another one now, think about trying to get a burger or go to the bathroom with more parking.

On the other hand - I don't expect Gore to care about what the current regulars think. I totally expect them to try to pack the mountain with riders on every square inch. All I'm saying is - I don't like it.

Harv

I don't expect Gore to care about what the current regulars think. I totally expect them to try to pack the mountain with riders on every square inch. All I'm saying is - I don't like it.
    I get what you're saying, but they want to be players in the destination resort market.

As a person who skis their about 7 or 8 times a season I think all the changes they have made over the past several season have been big pluses, maybe future changes will turn out better then you think.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

HPD -

I agree - the mountain gets better every year. I skied 29 days this year and most of it was really excellent all things (weather) considered.

I do hope you are right. Contrary to how it sounds...I am keeping an open mind about the changes.

As a property owner in North River, I'm sure I will "benefit" from the development. It is my sincere hope that Main Street will also benefit from the development. North Creek is a great town.

Mark