Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
That's where I get confused. It's my understanding the blue trail is going to run across the ridge. On the map it looks like the glades drop off skier's left side of the ridge. So where can you stand at WF and see where the glades will be? I'm trying to invision it but can't.

This is what I tried to explain in one of my earlier "annoying" posts. You can see the terrain from across the valley/Wilmington (with binoculars), but there is no way to see the proposed gladed terrain from any current Whiteface trail. The way I understand it, the lift will go up one ridge where the two expert trails will be. To the right of this ridge is a bowl that the intermediate trail will skirt before dropping over the side of the NEXT ridge. It is this next ridge where we will find the glades.

Now, to clarify some of my previous posts, since some people (tjf67) aren't bothering to look up the topo map, I've roughly sketched the intermediate trail and glades below. The gladed terrain is represented by the "I"s and the intermediate trail is represented by the "/"s (no, I'm not an artist). If you want to ski the longest stretch of vert in the glades, you're going to have a long traverse back at the bottom of the glades to get back to the intermediate trail and the rest of the mountain. If you want less of an annoying traverse, you'll have less vertical in the glades to ski. Alternatively, I guess you could ski the double fall line along the intermediate trail. To me, this isn't an ideal layout. But, it appears that some others like it (I'm talking about you, tjf67). If I'm wrong about this, I'd be the first to admit it and be happy about it.

............/I
......../IIII
..../ IIIIII
/IIIIIIIIII