Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AlpineBone

ugh

I've broken a golden rule...

don’t argue w/ a gaper, they'll only bring U down to their level and then overwhelm U w/ experience.
    SnowEarlySpringLate

Re: ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas
    I've broken a golden rule...

don’t argue w/ a gaper, they'll only bring U down to their level and then overwhelm U w/ experience.
    That's it? That's the best you can do? Weak. Wouldn't it have been so much cooler if you could post that video of you ripping? But no...all we get is just more jibber jabber. Come on "Phindog" - put up or shut up.
    Greg

Oh....and I'm not "free my willy". I don't have to hide behind an internet alias like sleestak/T-lion/woodlandclown...
    Greg

Re: well, free my willy, I mean Greg....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    where were U on the 4/20 huck fest day?? That was one of the best slide days I've ever enjoyed?? O, yeah that's right U don’t ski Whiteface only diss her over there in AlpineBone..
    I was skiing bumps at Killington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPqGWG2xNE

Go ahead. Let's here your expert technique advice.

O, yeah that's right U don’t ski Whiteface only diss her over there in AlpineBone..
    I have never once dissed Whiteface. I challenge you to go find a post where I have. That's your second challenge. Let's not forget about the video evidence of your awesome skiing...

Quite frankly, I think it is time this forum takes a new direction - a more local approach. I think we need a local biz to take over or have ORDA bring it in-house. I think this setup just doesn't cut it and we could do better. I mean really, we go from WF homepage to this forum w/ advertising for competitors. Makes no sense to me. I'm advocating for change. I'm advocating for local control which will result in a more authentic Adk community. What positives are there for having an administrator who doesn’t even live in NY let alone the Adirondacks?
    Go for it dude. I'll pull the plug on this in a second if any of you think you can do better. That way you, your girlfriend and the other half dozen or so in your crew can have your own little chat room. I love it how you all get so huffy when you get challenged back.
    Greg, this idea has been in the works in the back channels long before today or even before you came in here yesterday posing as freemywilly. On that latter point, originally I thought freemywilly was somebody else. I even PM'd you thanking you for taking that stuff down. But the evidence is pretty damning that it was either you or somebody from the AZ and at any rate, as owner/administrator, you KNOW who it was. So who was it? Anybody who posted stuff like that on AZ would be banned right quick. You banned me for far less (and thanks again for that; I'm not missing a thing).

On the first point, I echo phinny's comments and I've been saying the same thing to anyone who would listen for a long time. The forum should be owned and run by a local or at least by someone who regularly skis Whiteface. That's a no-brainer isn't it? What am I missing? You have never skied WF - you shouldn't be running the forum. The only reason I'd like to see it stay local is to keep the $ local and because a local may have better contacts for local advertising revenue/marketing and for promoting local events. The other thing is the advertising - most of it is NOT ADK related. A local or at least someone who regularly skied WF would have the contacts to get local advertisers on the forum and that, it seems to me, is important. But to come on the "Whiteface" forum and see advertising for lodging in Vermont is simply ridiculous to the point of being embarrassing (are you reading this WF management?) I'm a local businessperson and I would run an ad on a site if I truly thought it was an ADK oriented site that had the region's best interests in mind. And I also would nominate HPD to moderate the forum. I think he does great considering he's getting pulled in 10 directions at once.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    Greg, this idea has been in the works in the back channels long before today or even before you came in here yesterday posing as freemywilly. On that latter point, originally I thought freemywilly was somebody else. I even PM'd you thanking you for taking that stuff down. But the evidence is pretty damning that it was either you or somebody from the AZ and at any rate, as owner/administrator, you KNOW who it was. So who was it? Anybody who posted stuff like that on AZ would be banned right quick. You banned me for far less (and thanks again for that; I'm not missing a thing).
    Of course I know who it is. And I told HPD that. I didn't put the guy up to it though, nor encourage it in any way. It was likely in direct response to sleestak's trolling on AZ. You and Phindog like to bait me here and then I come back at you with some jabs and you all get whiney like a bunch of little girls.

On the first point, I echo phinny's comments and I've been saying the same thing to anyone who would listen for a long time. The forum should be owned and run by a local or at least by someone who regularly skis Whiteface. That's a no-brainer isn't it? What am I missing? You have never skied WF - you shouldn't be running the forum. The only reason I'd like to see it stay local is to keep the $ local and because a local may have better contacts for local advertising revenue/marketing and for promoting local events. The other thing is the advertising - most of it is NOT ADK related. A local or at least someone who regularly skied WF would have the contacts to get local advertisers on the forum and that, it seems to me, is important. But to come on the "Whiteface" forum and see advertising for lodging in Vermont is simply ridiculous to the point of being embarrassing (are you reading this WF management?) I'm a local businessperson and I would run an ad on a site if I truly thought it was an ADK oriented site that had the region's best interests in mind. And I also would nominate HPD to moderate the forum. I think he does great considering he's getting pulled in 10 directions at once.
    I set this forum up as a courtesy for HPD. I initially structured it like AZ cuz that's all I know. You guys all made your disdain pretty apparent and I took a lot of your advise. I have for much of this season remained pretty hands-off yet you guys still like to taunt me, so again, I jab back and all I get is whining.

Anyway, you're right with everything you said above. Go ahead and start your own forum. I'm pulling the plug on this one tonight.
    Greg

Of course I know who it is. And I told HPD that. I didn't put the guy up to it though, nor encourage it in any way. It was likely in direct response to sleestak's trolling on AZ. You and Phindog like to bait me here and then I come back at you with some jabs and you all get whiney like a bunch of little girls.

I set this forum up as a courtesy for HPD. I initially structured it like AZ cuz that's all I know. You guys all made your disdain pretty apparent and I took a lot of your advise. I have for much of this season remained pretty hands-off yet you guys still like to taunt me, so again, I jab back and all I get is whining.

Anyway, you're right with everything you said above. Go ahead and start your own forum. I'm pulling the plug on this one tonight.
    Could you at least put those post up before you shut it down. Seems like it could be some good reading before we go black

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67
    Could you at least put those post up before you shut it down. Seems like it could be some good reading before we go black
    Ha. Sorry - nope they have vaporized.
    Greg

Of course I know who it is. And I told HPD that.
    I set this forum up as a courtesy for HPD. I initially structured it like AZ cuz that's all I know. You guys all made your disdain pretty apparent and I took a lot of your advise. I have for much of this season remained pretty hands-off yet you guys still like to taunt me, s
    When I asked about banning him you said you'd PM him to back off a little. I didn't realize you knew him personally. I thought it was just a troll looking to make trouble in a forum.

I appreciate all you've done, and I get wanting allies in a flame war, but I've told you why I needed to keep things about skiing here and nothing RSN like.

This could have been good, I'm sorry it turned out this way, but I'm relieved you're pulling the plug.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

adk forum

there is actually a very good forum completely dedicated to the adirondacks with local advertising. it gets way more traffic than this site and all of the traffic is people visiting or living in the adirondacks.

http://www.adkforum.com/

I actually inquired a while ago about having them set up a page strictly related to Whiteface (the one they have now is general skiing/hiking and more backcountry people use it. they said if enough people posted there that they would do that. if the whiteface folks inquired, i am sure they would be more willing to work with them and a link on whiteface pages would get more people who ski whiteface over there. i agree about the VT ads and the whiteface bashing that happens on alpine zone isnt helpful. killington has their own forum and it gets huge traffic.

I know who free my willy is.