Help Me Plan My Day

I'm bringing my wife to Gore on Sunday. She is a Level 1 skier and has never been to Gore. I want here to have a great time so she'll want to ski more often. I need advice from Gore regulars from Parking Lot - Skiing - Apres. Thanks.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Sunday should be okay. 40% chance of snow/rain in the afternoon, so I'd suggest getting out early. I usually roll up to the parking lot around 8, so I never have a problem with parking. When I do show up later, I usually blow by the parking attendants and wedge my car in between a couple of the barriers on the right side. The whole mountain should be in good condition.

If I were you, I'd ski the hell out of the lower mountian early. Take the Triple up. I know it's cold, but I wouldn't take a level 1 skier down Foxlair if I were you. It's scary and intimidating for beginners. Ski Sunway, a nice easy trail with a decent pitch. Around 10 or 11, it'll probably get a little crowded. I'd use this time to go to the North Side and ski Tahawus and Sleeping Bear. These would be great trails for a Level 1. The lift is slow, but nobody ever rides it and it's kind of relaxing.

On a day like Sunday, where there might be some weather in the afternoon, I might be inclined to have a late lunch in the bar (the food is the same price but the atmosphere is a million times better - no bratty kids and you get a waitress to serve you). Then I'd make the decision whether or not to go back out.

After skiing, there might be a few people in the bar, but on a Sunday it usually clears out by 4:30. If you want to keep the party going, I'd suggest Casey's North. Good atmosphere and decent drink prices..

Sounds like good advice MC, thanks.
    HPD

Anytime! I might be up on Sunday too . . . what uh . . . what are you wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2
    Anytime! I might be up on Sunday too . . . what uh . . . what are you wearing?
    Pretty much this, give me a shout

Re: Help Me Plan My Day

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    I'm bringing my wife to Gore on Sunday. She is a Level 1 skier and has never been to Gore. I want here to have a great time so she'll want to ski more often. I need advice from Gore regulars from Parking Lot - Skiing - Apres. Thanks.
    Hey, HPD. How did your wife do on Sunday at Gore? You made mention of your son and his friend going with you, but not your wife. What gives?
    Skier 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Skier 4 Life
    Hey, HPD. How did your wife do on Sunday at Gore? You made mention of your son and his friend going with you, but not your wife. What gives?
    The usual, she said she didn't feel well and stayed in bed. Next time you talk to her give her a hard time about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier 4 Life
    The usual, she said she didn't feel well and stayed in bed. Next time you talk to her give her a hard time about it.
    I will, HPD, I will. I guess I'm not surprised, but I was hoping you'd get a chance to ski with her. I hope she's feeling better now.
    Skier 4 Life