ORDA update on off-season projects

Mostly Gore news but some WF stuff in here:

http://forums.skiadk.com/viewtopic.php?p=8785#8785
    Greg

"--Whiteface / Lookout mt project: the LA Group is submitting the storm water
    plan to the DEC soon. 70% of the trails have been flagged. "

Making progress!

Would getting up there and flagging a couple extra runs be a bad thing?

Happy to see there's still 2.5 miles left before we hit the limit, I assumed the proposed pod maxed it.

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Happy to see there's still 2.5 miles left before we hit the limit, I assumed the proposed pod maxed it.

NPN - That's some good news! However, my recollection of the UMP was that WF was to max out its mileage with the Tree Island Pod. Where'd you see otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles

NPN - That's some good news! However, my recollection of the UMP was that WF was to max out its mileage with the Tree Island Pod. Where'd you see otherwise?
    It was in one of the press releases sent to me.

They ought to use it for a blue from the top of Little WF.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    They ought to use it for a blue from the top of Little WF.
    I was selfishly thinking of a few more 45 degree hits off of LM, but, if I was being strictly business minded, I'd have to agree with you.

Maybe something's changed, but the 2006 UMP plan clearly states almost all of the mileage is used up by LM:

"The trail construction activities proposed in this amendment bring the total trail mileage at Whiteface Mountain (WFM) to 24.96 miles, which is below the constitutionally allowed limit of 25 miles." (http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/wf_ump.pdf (page I-2))

Considering that all of the trails to be cut total 3.73 miles and the glades total 0.81 miles, I don't see where they could have saved 2.5 miles....

It'd be great to be wrong. I don't like thinking this is it for WF (even though it really is a mighty fine "it").

Maybe something's changed, but the 2006 UMP plan clearly states almost all of the mileage is used up by LM:

"The trail construction activities proposed in this amendment bring the total trail mileage at Whiteface Mountain (WFM) to 24.96 miles, which is below the constitutionally allowed limit of 25 miles." (http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/wf_ump.pdf (page I-2))

Considering that all of the trails to be cut total 3.73 miles and the glades total 0.81 miles, I don't see where they could have saved 2.5 miles....

It'd be great to be wrong. I don't like thinking this is it for WF (even though it really is a mighty fine "it").
    I'll try to track down what was sent saying 22.5 ( I hope I didn't trash it ), 'cause it definitely said 22.5. But, based on the numbers you've posted, and the source, I've got to assume the "wrong" lies within that press release I received.

Ah well, I'm still not bitchin' 'casue it's gonna be great just as it is.

There technically is another 2.5 miles left of new trails that can be cut after Lookout is complete. Those miles exist in the form of proposed trails that are not planned to be cut anytime soon (largely an intermediate run off of little wf that would parallel approach and circumvent Upper Parkway). The 24.96 figure in the 2006 UMP included this hypothetical run in the totals.

BTW... the 24.96 put forth in the UMP was later revised to a slightly lower 24.02.