Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glades

Maybe TWC thinks the Tug Hill Plateau is in the 'dacks

I skied glades once: that was High Country glades at WF and it was not a pretty sight. What would be easiest glade runs to try at Gore?

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    I skied glades once: that was High Country glades at WF and it was not a pretty sight. What would be easiest glade runs to try at Gore?
    You sound like myself. I believe the answer to your question would be Otter Slide & Tahawus Glades.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I'm not much of a tree skier anymore myself but I liked and could handle Tahawaus, Otter Slide and Darby Woods just fine. I was skiing in the Tahawaus glade one day multiple times to try to learn alittle. There was a little girl of about 7 maybe 8 in there with her Dad. She was going around the trees over the bumps thru the powder piles and having a great time. It was fun to watch the enthusiasm and energy she had. Her Dad was real proud of her too. You just have to go on a nice day with good coverage and take your time and try it, you’ll like it.

Otter slide is quite a bit shorter and is probably the best choice for a first try. As a novice in the trees, I like to wait until the snow is packed down a bit. It makes getting around easier, at least for me.

tom

there all packed out pretty good good rite now,spent the last two days in nothing but the trees,need more snow,but not too bad rite now.looks like sum snow is on the way
    the tahaws and twister glades i think r the best,too learn and improve,in the trees.get in there and give em a try

Jimmer, glad to hear the glades are holding up. Hopefully we get some snow and the weekend skiing will be decent. If it snows, are you going to make a weekend appearance??

Thanks for the update Jimmer, hope to be in the trees this weekend.
    FWIW I think the Twister Glades are very user-friendly for a beginning woods skier.