Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Whiteface' and 'let runs bump up'. How frequently have those two been used in the same sentence?

Here's to hoping..........It's exciting to see the progress on Lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    "Whiteface' and 'let runs bump up'. How frequently have those two been used in the same sentence?
    I think it comes up once every three years or so on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    A couple more exciting RSN shots!

The first one shows a pretty straight shot down for one of the expert trails. I hope the other one has a little more "life" to it. But, still pretty cool to see.

The second one shows some higher elevation work being done. Looks like the trails will be fully cut this season!

I was at the mountain today. You can see one of the trails from the base, at least the end of it. I was happily supprised at how unstraight it was. I could see 2 good turns in the trail and another lesser one. I had also heard that some people thought the trails might be too wide. The trail I saw isn't Empire narrow, but not Mt. Run wide either. It appeared to be about as wide as say Upper Mac. It looked to have a nice sustained pitch to it too.

I think I'll do a little hiking up there this Saturday.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    I was at the mountain today. You can see one of the trails from the base, at least the end of it. I was happily supprised at how unstraight it was. I could see 2 good turns in the trail and another lesser one. I had also heard that some people thought the trails might be too wide. The trail I saw isn't Empire narrow, but not Mt. Run wide either. It appeared to be about as wide as say Upper Mac. It looked to have a nice sustained pitch to it too.

Interesting! Thanks for the first-hand testimonial. Definitely would be cool if you could post some pix from your hike.

The new trails are long, and if they're more Upper Mac and less Mt. Run, they'll be pretty amazing. I'm psyched.

Thanks for the info! Good to hear. I am assuming the trail you saw was the intermediate trail that feeds into lower mountain-- yes? Should be a fun run down after a couple of laps on the triple.

From RSN:

"Trail crews are working up from the bottom and down from the top hoping to meet in the middle sometime this week and have the first new trail completed"

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er

Thanks for the info! Good to hear. I am assuming the trail you saw was the intermediate trail that feeds into lower mountain-- yes? Should be a fun run down after a couple of laps on the triple.

From RSN:

"Trail crews are working up from the bottom and down from the top hoping to meet in the middle sometime this week and have the first new trail completed"
    I wonder how Jay, and Bruce feel about being called "Trail crew"?

Nice pic from RSN. Looks like a good pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by takeahike46er
    RSN:
    Sweet!

BTW, does anybody know what they do with all of the wood from the cutting?