Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check out these spectacular pics

NYSEF had a roller ski race at Whtieface on Saturday. Here are some pics. They are absolutely unbelievable!!!
    So very cool!

http://www.teamtoday.org/Stories/tab...2/Default.aspx [/url]

Those pics are great. Do those people ski back down on those wheels? Cause that I'd like to see.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

The type of condition the Nordic crowd keep themselves in always amazes me. That loop would've kicked my a** on a bike let alone trying to do it on a pair of xc blades.

Could've done without the inclusion of Hitler Youth Lane though. Bit of a buzzkill to say the least.

those pictures are beautiful
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Quote Originally Posted by NPN
    Could've done without the inclusion of Hitler Youth Lane though. Bit of a buzzkill to say the least.
    No kidding. WTF??

Yeah, what's the Hitler Youth Lane ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    As you scroll through the pics about half way through, you'll see a shot of a road sign. The road's name is Swastika Road. No competitors, just the road sign. Disturbing enough that there is a municipality somewhere in that little slice of heaven that thought it appropriate to use the name; especially annoying when you're looking for another pic of nordic roller betties, and run into that.

As you scroll through the pics about half way through, you'll see a shot of a road sign. The road's name is Swastika Road. No competitors, just the road sign. Disturbing enough that there is a municipality somewhere in that little slice of heaven that thought it appropriate to use the name; especially annoying when you're looking for another pic of nordic roller betties, and run into that.
    It sort of looks like a homemade sign. Some yahoo probably thought it was funny. Or there are psychos in them thar hills.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    It sort of looks like a homemade sign. Some yahoo probably thought it was funny. Or there are psychos in them thar hills.

I checked the map - there is Swastika Rd, which used to take one to tiny village of Swastika.
    I bet that place was there before 1920, not sure what's left now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles

I checked the map - there is Swastika Rd, which used to take one to tiny village of Swastika.
    I bet that place was there before 1920, not sure what's left now.
    Well, for the first time in my young life, I just looked up the word Swastika in a Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. The first definition describes it as a good luck symbol. The second was the one that refers to it being used to signify anti-Semitism, or Nazism.

Regardless of the fact that I can now put a kinder spin on that road being up there, I haven't changed my mind about its inappropriateness in the middle of those race pics. But, then again, when I think back on all the stupid s**t I've done, I'll shut up now.