Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.
    -Mike Godwin

Swastika Lane

Honestly, I don't give a damn. The swastika was used by several cultures, including the native Americans. To remove a word because some some evil knuckleheads corrupted it is to ruin the language. But I'm an English prof......

Re: Swastika Lane

Quote Originally Posted by wondertrev
    Honestly, I don't give a damn. The swastika was used by several cultures, including the native Americans. To remove a word because some some evil knuckleheads corrupted it is to ruin the language. But I'm an English prof......
    Comfortable attitude to take if you never suffered at the "knucklehead" side of it.

I took direct offense because I know a number of business owners in the greater Placid area who fled their native countries because they faced an oven if they didn't.

Always a treat to be "bookish" if you didn't have the experience "prof"!!!

The Oprah effect?

I'm always amazed how some folks want to assert their self-aggrandizing moral superiority by taking offense at events they have absolutely nothing to do with. Some have called it the Oprah effect
    Mark Steyn likens it to those driving around with "Free Tibet" sticker on their cars. yet do absolutely nothing about it. They proclaim their sensitivity for all the world to see, but perform no action.

Folks, just relax and enjoy the pictures.